*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1100389-Emon-and-Jon-do-the-aquarium
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1100389
Emon and Jon are obliviously stumbling onto trouble again this time at sea world.
It was a beautiful spring day. Emon and Jon were crafting a scarecrow to protect their garden of radishes and snowpeas. Jon was fed up with the ravishing of the garden by the african-american birds as well as the robins. Emon really didn't mind them. In fact, he actually domesticated a crow and named him Roper Bentley. He taught little Roper how to eat with utensils, and created a tiny set of silverware for him. He was quite the intelligent bird. Unfortunatly, Emon not having the knowledge of black-bird feeding habits fixed him Talapia and asparagus which apparently crows can't eat. Roper picked up his little fork and knife and started gobbling down the dinner. Suddenly he started convulsing and sporadically flew into a bowl of honey-combs cereal Jon was eating and died on impact. Emon was down-trodden for weeks. He lost forty-pounds during the mourning period living on grass clippings and gasoline fumes whiling lodging in the shed with the corpse of Roper. Jon eventually had to force feed Emon scrambled eggs and sneakily throw away Roper Bentley; due to the fact Emon was developing a severe case of glacoma and speaking jibberish. Jon didn't want to see his best buddy go through that heart-ache again so he insisted on a scarecrow. Emon was hesitant at first but realized it was the wise decision. Wile crafting the decoy Emon was reminded of Roper when he glanced at Jon's crows feet. He ran into the house sobbing and crashed on the couch that Jon traded his high school diploma. He asked Emon what was wrong and Emon explained what had happened. Jon was shocked by the accusation of having age lines and denied their exsistence. He was convinced he was ageless and was immuned of any ailment of withering skin. Emon told him to go into the room where they keep all their mirrors and look for himself. Jon slowly and carefully looked for a diagnosis and found the poultry tootsies. He was pissed off. He never imagined himself as old. He announced" Project scarecorw will be postponed, in it's place Project Fountain of Youth". Emon entusiastically replied "do you mean it, do you really mean it." Jon excitedly shook his head yes and shouted, "to the aquarium."
© Copyright 2006 Joe Tales (joetalese at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1100389-Emon-and-Jon-do-the-aquarium