*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1100617-Created-Misery
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Moon
Rated: 18+ · Fiction · Adult · #1100617
Nola is sick and tired of bein sick and tired.
she looked in the bathroom mirror that was faintly fogged up from the hot shower she had emerged from fifteen minutes before.

“What is it about me,” she said to her image in the mirror, “I’m attractive, I have nice hair and good skin and my body ain’t that bad. What’s wrong with me?”

Tears streamed down her peach-colored brown face as she stared in the mirror. She anxiously brushed them away as she heard the front door open and her daughter’s light laugh drift merrily up the stairs. Nola grabbed her robe and fastened it tightly around herself as she walked to the top of the stairs. She watched as her 2-year old daughter, Maddie giggled as her father helped her take off her coat and hang it up.

Maddie’s father, Daryl must have felt Nola’s eyes on his back as he turned to look at her at the top of the stairs.

“You got dinner ready?” he asked as he picked up Maddie and began to walk upstairs toward Nola. Nola, disgusted at his question, turned away in a huff toward the bedroom as he followed.

“What’s your problem?” Daryl asked, confused at Nola’s angry look and frustrated. It seemed that everything he said and did upset her lately.

“Nothing,” Nola muttered as she turned and reached for the baby, who was smiling and happy to see her mother. Nola kissed Maddie and sat her down on the bed, ignoring Daryl in the process. Daryl sighed and headed back downstairs to fix a sandwich and watch tv.


© Copyright 2006 Moon (moon at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1100617-Created-Misery