*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1101105-Dude-I-am-so-blessed
Rated: E · Article · Inspirational · #1101105
We have no idea how blessed we are - many of us feel helpless at one time or another...
Keep telling yourself you are 'too much, or so much of anything' and you will start to believe it...

Instead of saying:
- 'I am too fat' replace it with 'I am soooooo sexy'
- 'I am too short' replace with 'I am too cute'
- 'I am too ugly' replace with 'I am so unique'
- 'I am too poor' replace with 'I am so grateful'
- 'I am too unhappy' replace with 'I am so aware of those without'
- 'I am too messed up' replace with 'I have sooooo much life experience'

We have no idea how blessed we are - many of us feel helpless at one time or another but God showed me just this week, that we all have people watching our backs, even when we don't know it - I like to call it 'distance love'.

We may never find out who it was that quashed the rumour about us, or the person that checked with our parents just to make sure we were ok. What we do always know though, is that God places people in special positions in our lives to make all the saves. Much like in a rounders game, those people are there so that when the ball seems like it might go out of the stadium, there is a midfielder waiting to catch it, even while we are oblivious and continue running to first base. Ok, so in a real game of rounders, you don't want the ball to be caught if you are the one batting, but you get my drift. In life, we may not realise that we need to be saved from our situation, but in the long run, God has your best interest at heart.

Let me get personal and explain further: I didn't realise that I had things on my mind until someone actually stopped me and said 'Sam, what is it!' - that statement alone shocked me because as far as I was concerned, I was living life just fine and dandy and needed no more cans of worms opened. But, in that conversation, I was able to ask so many questions of God that, in turn, gave me just the answer I was looking for.

I believed that God's topic for me this week was, 'Sam, can you hear My voice?' and at the start of the week my answer was: nah... don't think so... not sure... oh, was that God!?! My thinking changed! Not in the answer, but in the question: I now believe that God was asking 'Sam, are you really listening for My voice?'.

I think we all go through stages when we really know that we can hear God sharing His will with us, but we are unsure on so many levels. We need to be confident in own abilities and in God's will for us. So, when we find ourselves saying 'I am too rubbish' remember to hear Gods voice and replace with 'I am too blessed'.

Much love and blessin's

Sammi x
© Copyright 2006 Shae Eccleston (nykeez at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1101105-Dude-I-am-so-blessed