*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1101632-A-Thing
Rated: · Poetry · None · #1101632
i was bored so i thought id write a poem
I gaze up into his eyes for what seems like eternity. The moment is only broken by the vision obscuring tears. blink. first down the left cheek and then the right. *so this is what its like to have your heart ripped open*
His gaze drops
"I'm really sorry. I... I just don't want a girlfriend anymore..."
*shredding. I'm shredding. Breaking from the inside out...*
"I understand. You know that I'm happy with anything you want."
He hugs me, but he can't keep me together. Its one of those empty yet strangly full hugs.
"Look, I still want to be your friend..."
*mind off... this isn't really happening. You'll wake up in a minute, you can laugh about this with him today...*
"I understand. Really I do"
*I don't! Why are you doing this to me?! Don't you know I love you? Can't you see it in my eyes?*
"look, I've got to go..."
*no you don't! that just an excuse! don't any of those times mean anything to you? Anything at all? Remember when you came to mine when we spent the evening in my dimly lit room 'watching' the Led Zeppelin DVD? DON'T THEY MEAN ANYTHING AT ALL?!?!*
And off he goes. Just walks away. Just likes that. And there is the end.
© Copyright 2006 ClaudieLou (claudielou at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1101632-A-Thing