*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1101639-Of-Demons-and-Men---Chapter-One
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1101639
As the story progresses, our heros do as well. First part in 21st century America
Note: This, if you can't tell by the end of the story, takes place in 21st century North America.

It made him sick, to his stomach even. The smell of blood that is. Every time Abbicus smelled it, the scent just made him want to throw up, and that was saying something, considering that he was a vampire. Now was not the time to think about that though. For, now, they had gotten a lead, the first since the 19th century, when they were still residing in Boston.

With his beastly brother by his side, Abbicus continued to chase this human, though all three were ignored, not uncommon in the streets of New York City. When they were starting to catch up with the man, he was just running out of breath, as the two were finally starting to use theirs. It was only a matter of seconds before they were able to physically grab him and drag him into the nearest alley.

"Now take note, I will only give you one chance to answer this question - one shot to save your pathetic existence - Where is K?" The Lycan was obviously intent to pound the answers out of this small man, and more than likely eventually to kill him in the end. "H-he'll be at Mac's, a-and he'll be expecting you!" Taking this for what it truly meant, he held up his hand, all 5 digits in the air, removing 1 every second. The human, knowing what this meant, only had 1 second to scream before it was all over.

They began to head to the locally famous diner, though Abbicus couldnt see why they didnt bother to check there before; they had heard about it often, and what it was truly famous for was all the happenings - heinous, malignant, nefarious, revolting, perverse - you name it, they have it. As Atticus threw the door wide, both entered, and all was quiet; it would seem they were, indeed, expected.

The man they once knew as a relative looked nothing like their last encounter - 500 years ago in London - he appeared as someone who had lost their sanity, found it in a pile of something obscene, washed it with bleach, took the stained article and had given it to charity, just in the hopes they might so much as consider taking it off his hands. He was very much rugged, and in that, they could almost expect he took that in pride; he did have a reputation to glorify anything Kornelius.

"May i buy you 'boys' a drink? Some coffee, a beer, perhaps a soda?" The expression on the Comadar twins' face was stone, solid as a brick. There was but a moment of blank, and that moment almost dragged on for what seemed an eternity. The next thing that happened, just as on that fateful night, came so fast that no one saw it; no one, of course, except for the three supernaturals. As Abbicus threw out a small butter knife grabbed from the nearest table, Atticus rushed in towards this being, coming within a half-foot of the man and flailing as though he was not, in fact, the martial artist expert that their uncle was expecting.

He caught both knife and fist as criminals ran every which way, all the while, K took advantage of the scenario and reversed the direction of the attacks. Thrown and dodged, the man broke through the window and ran off at unparalleled speeds. For now, it would seem, as they walked out of the small restaurant, rubbing their bruises and cuts, they were still defeated.

However, neither did lose hope, though, as they trained ever harder, knowing that the answers were now in reach.
© Copyright 2006 Jocaste Nonaka (jocaste at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1101639-Of-Demons-and-Men---Chapter-One