*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1102031-The-Fickle-Tilt-of-Fate
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Wren
Rated: E · Other · Contest · #1102031
beach prompt 15-15 contest
The Fickle Tilt of Fate


I can hardly believe it! Here it is, the best day of my life. The sun is out; the sky is beautiful; I couldn’t look better. My skin is clear. The clothes show me off to my best advantage. The colors they want to use for the cover of this catalogue are my colors. This was going to be the launch of a terrific career. Finally, into the big time. It would have happened, I know it would have. The camera guys are the best. Oh, Jake, I wish I’d met you sooner. We could have made more than great photo shots together.

Look at all those kids out there. Some of them could have been mine if I hadn’t been so busy getting this modeling thing going. Maybe I shouldn’t have put it off. Should have just gone for it. I wouldn’t necessarily have lost my figure. I would have really watched my weight, would still be looking great by now. And now it won’t ever happen. Oh darn, I can’t cry. I’ll ruin my makeup. Where’s a Kleenex box when you need one.?

I guess it doesn’t matter now.

Just look at those kids. They’re having such a great time. They don’t even notice what’s happening. I’m having trouble standing up straight, and they just think they’re getting knocked around some more by the waves. They don’t even notice that the whole world is tilting, that the poles have shifted, or who knows what. Maybe there’s a meteor too close to the earth, one we can’t see from here but it’s deflected gravity. I never did understand that stuff, but it’s happening. We are sliding into the…
© Copyright 2006 Wren (oldcactuswren at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1102031-The-Fickle-Tilt-of-Fate