*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1102941-What-i-learned
by evg
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1102941
for school
This book taught me a lot. It showed me that I am not the only one going through things and that almost every teenage goes through at least one of the issues discussed in the book. I realized that everyone has it hard, it is just that some have it harder then others.
While reading the book I found I could relate to some of the things that were happening to Charlie. I believe that is what made the book good. When you can relate to what your reading you are better able to understand the book, and that is what makes a book enjoyable. Thats what I feel anyways.
I don't think the book was to "over the top". I think it covered a lot of things that happen to kids in their everyday life. The Perks of Being a Wallflower not only covered teens but it also covered what some adults might even have to go through.
While reading The Perks of Being a Wallflower i kept having to stop and think "Man I know how that feels." A book that can make you stop and do that is worth reading more then once. I would read this book many more times, without even being required to for school.
I really feel, after reading this book, that I can walk away feeling like I have grown in some way and that is hard to do when writing. The book is a great one to read and it can help adults to understand what is like to be a teen again. <in case they forgot ;)>
© Copyright 2006 evg (erin3100 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1102941-What-i-learned