*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1103413-Start-of-a-story-Im-working-on
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Teen · #1103413
Well it's a start of a story I am working on.....and yeah I do have a plot
Cassandra lay on her bed with a sigh; her long blond hair, spread out behind her draping off the bed in long curtains, her hazel eyes closed slowly. Her mom was being unreasonable again, Cassandra only wanted to go for a walk with her friend Sam; Sam was a tom-boy with short brown hair and green eyes, she always wore baggy pants and band shirts, Sam also played the drums and the guitar.
Cassandra was allowed to wear jeans occasionally, but never baggy ones, her shirts were modest and most always three-quarter sleeved. Victoria was bringing up a lady, not a tramp; only tramps wore short shorts and mini skirts with those thin strapped tank tops and mid-drift showing shirts. Real ladies wore long knee length or longer skirts and modest shirts, no belly showing, and no shoulders bearing shirts allowed.
Well, I should have figured she wouldn’t let me. But gosh darn it! I want to go see Sam. She thought to herself. I shouldn’t have tried wearing pants today, if I had just worn a skirt maybe she’d have let me go for a walk.
A knock sounded at the door, Cassandra sat up and quickly crossed her legs and placed her hands daintily in her lap, “Come in,” she called softly. The door swung open revealing a woman in her late 40’s, the female was dressed in a floor length plain brown skirt along with a white long sleeved high necked shirt, her dark brown hair was pulled back in a tight bun at the nape of her neck. “If you are done pouting,” the woman started, “Dinner is ready, so if you plan to be a young lady and act accordingly, you may come eat,” Her lips thinned. “However, if you want to stay here and act like a boy, you may not have dinner.”
Cassandra bowed her head slightly, “I do apologize mother, I acted horribly, please forgive me.”
With a calculating look Victoria sighed, “come eat now, dear, but remember, skirts are for girls. Pants are for boys, and you darling, are not a boy.”
“Yes ma’am, I will be right down after I change into more appropriate attire for the dinner table.” Cassandra said standing up.
“See that you do. And step up your pace, dinner is getting cold.” The door swung shut and Cassandra walked lightly over to her small dresser, pulling out a grey skirt she slipped out of the pants she currently wore, sliding the skirt up her slim thighs, and fastening it at her waistline. Briskly, she folded the pants up and stuffed them into the second drawer down from the top; Cassandra hastily exited her room and went into the dining room. Victoria liked to have things proper, so a full-length dining table awaited Cassandra laden with dishes of pasta and rolls and salads.
She stood in front of her chair awaiting her mothers signal to sit down, a soft sigh escaped her lips and a small rumble came from her stomach, she looked up as her mom entered the room, taking her place at the opposite end of the table from her daughter, Victoria signaled her only child to sit.
Cassandra slowly lowered herself into the chair, only comfortable she reached her arm out and grasped a bowl of pasta, she brought it closer to her plate and dished out a small amount of it and set the bowl back in its place.
<hr>
a/n: this is just so far, there is going to be alot more... I promise.
© Copyright 2006 Skatergirl (skatergirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1103413-Start-of-a-story-Im-working-on