*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1104783-The-biggest-nerd-in-my-High-School
by Pat
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1104783
This is a true account of something I was involved in, in High School.
The biggest nerd in my High School

The biggest nerd in my High School was this guy named "Toby"...

I don't remember his last name, but being a borderline retard, with the first name of Toby, well I don't think
he needed a last name....

He was a Senior when I was a Junior, he looked to be about 30 years old...

What I did to him that year is still talked about to this day...

No wedgies, or pants-ing, no laxative in brownies or anything like that...

I was taking a Printing and Photo class...
We had access to all that graphics shit...

One day I was given an assignment, as was the other kids...
We were to take a camera and go out on the school grounds and take a picture of things around the place...

So there I was walking around the school looking for shit to photograph, when I ran into "Toby"...
HAA!!

I said "Hi Toby!" he might have said something like "Fuck you!" that was his usual response to any greeting he received from any kid in school.
the guy was picked on in a merciless fashion, daily...
He continued to walk on, so I blocked his way, raised the camera and said, "Toby? say cheese" and the dumb fuck did just that!

Unbelievable! he just stood there froze with this stupid grin on his face... Like saying cheese and holding a camera triggered some kind of behavioral-response to simply stop and smile for Toby! So, Click'...Toby was then, immortalized!

As I was winding the camera Toby asked, what are you going to do with my picture...
I put my arm around him and said, ..."Toby my friend, you are going to be the most famous guy in School!"...

I remember him saying something like "Coooool!" then wiped the slobber off his chin and walked off...

Next, I developed the film, and there was Toby... Dopey grin, chipped yellow teeth... Butch haircut, total dork...

Then I took the negative to the Enlarger, the BIG ONE!
Got me some developing paper, not the 8 x 10 shit!
POSTER SIZE!!!
2 feet by 3 feet!!.............This was the largest developing paper they had! And I grabbed me 12 sheets, and went to making, 12, 2 feet by 3 feet!! posters of Toby, our schools biggest nerd!!

Later that night me and a friend, got our self his dad's ladder, a bucket of wall paper glue, and brush and went to the school...

We posted Toby posters all over the school! High-up so no one could simply take them down...
But that glue worked great... It was weeks before the janitors were able to get Toby's face off the things we adhered the posters to!

The Peak at the top of the Gym, right next to out stupid School logo...Three "Andy Warhol" style over the Lunch line awnings!
Two on the clock in Senior Square, one on both sides!...

And let me tell you, we changed that guys life! Seriously!

He actually became popular! It was unbelievable! He became a kind of mascot!
The biggest dork in school actually ended up going to the fucking Senior prom!! With a DATE! With A GIRL!

Makes me wonder what ever happened to Toby.
© Copyright 2006 Pat (patdoherty at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1104783-The-biggest-nerd-in-my-High-School