*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1104878-remembering-my-school
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by adikel
Rated: E · Article · Melodrama · #1104878
written when i became a bit nostalgic abt my beloved school..
looking back at those days, those 'beautiful unforgettable' school days, ppl say.. but my memory seems to have been absorbed by some unknown force of nature, i guess.. coz what i remember r just a few vivid, flashes of light.. where i stand in that blue uniform.. with a load of text-books on my back.. but no, they weren't a load though it seemed at that time.. they were the disciplines, the innocent learnings, the manners, the simple ways to step into a 'big' world.. yes, those were the ones becoz of whom i stand on the plane that i am today.. the pains of my teachers, my guides shouldn't be forgotten.. their contributions to my personality, my present should not be overlooked... though i felt that i never belonged to the school.. i was a student who always stood back and clapped.. i admired others, learnt through their wins & losses.. always preferred to stay away fm the battlefield.. but yes, i was always there to cheer... as they say, audience ke binaa show kahaan ! i never felt like coming to the forefront.. or did i?? maybe sometimes.. but still i was happy and content with my group of friends, and with myself.. i frankly was never ever a pet of any teacher.. all of them must have even forgotten my name.. but nevertheless, i have no complaints.. coz i was the one who used to speak with my silence.. soo where was i.. yes, those vivid flashes of memories.. hmmm.. i remember and it makes me giggle... my pre-primary days, my primary enduring times... those were filled with innocence, a twinkle in the eye and some real good friends.. our dances, our plays, the wonderful teachers, who taught us with all their patience... then the secondary, the houses.. the pride, the bonds of strengthened ties, my most favourite teachers.. the pranks,those small tiffs with our bench partners.. the days were unforgettable! then was the higher-secondary.. 'big lads of the school','responsible students' as we were to be.. but fortunately were never soo.. all the more irresponsible, trying to enjoy every bit of that growing life... our foolish but thoughtful minds.. our picnics, our group of friends... the best of teachers.. who were our role models and guides... and ofcourse badhtaa load of studies.. but the extra-curriculars never missed... that enthusiasm, that excitement, those joys, those cries.. the breath taking sports and annual functions.. ya, the elections... all was there ! truely, the school... it was a treasure island for me, for all of us... the more we explore, the more we absorb! those 10 years.. actually 12, they seem to be soo less... they flew like a rocket.. but very special for me! it gave us soo many uncountable experiences... but today all that is left, r just a few memories.. those innumerable fragments... today many things have changed... but something that hasn't is my respect and love for the institution.. and this love makes me scream from the bottom of my heart... for something that still seems to be missing.. PTV, Ye Dil Mange More !

© Copyright 2006 adikel (aditik at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1104878-remembering-my-school