*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1106530-Intro-The-Eye-of-Mantroul-the-Red
by Nunes
Rated: E · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1106530
The story of Jake and the influence of a video game console that is not what it seems...
         As the Sun rose, life began to awaken in its pass, just as any other day. The emitted and filtered ultraviolet rays gleamded down and warmed the celestial body called Earth; ironically, a bit more of a temperature influence fell on one particular house in Glintville...

         "Breakfast! Everybody up and at'um!" Bonnie yelled to her family. Bonnie followed the sounds of tramples through the house--a boy burst into the kitchen closely followed by a man. Ironically, it was just as Bonnie anticipated.
         "Ah ha!" Jake guffawed, "Beat you again!--"though Bonnie had seen this before, she couldn't help but chuckle.

         "I guess you did." Doug said as he snapped his fingers. He looked at Bonnie with a glimmer, "...but, did you see anything, dear?"

         "Nah. Not a thing." She responded sarcastically. Jake rolled his eyes humorously. She then segued: "Do you know where your sister is?"

         "I'm not sure..." Jake replied, just as his sister entered the kitchen. "Just kidding; she's right here." His sister, Naomi, issued Jake an ironic smile completely sarcastic to the situation.

         The family sat at the table pleasantly and began to eat their meal of scrambled eggs and sausage. Bonnie began asking her kids questions that a normal parent would. She began with Jake:

         "So, Jake; what's new with you?"

         "Well," Jake began, "there's a new video game console, produced by Gamecorp., called the Sinistrom. It has a 300-gig hard-drive; four-gig speed; and some of the best games ever" Jake rubbed his hands anxiously while his parents listened in confusion, "I would love to have one! You don't even know!"

         "Jake, I don't think we can get you that--it sounds expensive." Doug declared, like any parent would when money is involved.

         "What!? It's only $299.99."

         "Oh yeah! That's cheap!" Doug and Bonnie said in unison.

         "But," Jake began, "there's a trial period offered at the mall. It includes the promo game, "Mystics!"

         "...I guess that's your only chance to play it. At least, for a while anyway." Bonnie stated--she glanced out the window, purely out of habit. "Hey! The bus is coming! Get going, Jake."

         "Okay," Jake replied, as he took up his school bag, "Thanks for breakfast. Bye, guys." He sprinted through the kitchen door and out to the curb and jumped on the bus, now enroute to the school.


         Upon arrival, he headed for his first class, which happened ot be Technology Educaiton. A field trip was planned to visit the "Electronic Barn" in the local mall; the trip was intended to teach the visitors about how electronics are built and manufactured.

         "I can't wait to get there." jake declared, obviously very excited--fortunately, for the teacher's sake, he wasn't the only one. The instructer, Mr. Buckler, entered the room and took the class role.

         When finished, he dismissed the class to leave school and find the school buses, which were waiting for the students in the parking lot. Jake and the rest of the class entered the buses and they departed from the lot.

         The students were dropped off at the mall entrance, and were instructed to wait just inside the door by Mr. Buckler.
         "Stay together, now!" Mr. Buckler said responsibly. Just inside the entrance housed three stores, and one being their destination; there was an employee just inside the store waiting for them.

         "Hello, everyone. I am Mr. Belveur, and I will be your guide today." He motioned for the group to follow. "If you would follow me to the back, we'll get started." Each one complied and were lead into the store's storage area.

         Behind the doors contained a great room filled with a wide and miscellaneous assortment of electrical equipment for constructing and repairing of devices.
© Copyright 2006 Nunes (bosssnake at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1106530-Intro-The-Eye-of-Mantroul-the-Red