*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1108034-For-All-the-Things-Before
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Fantasy · #1108034
A street-walking girl meets someone who changes her life forever.
I remember that night so well. I always will, for it was the night that my life was forever changed.

I was wandering the streets of London, as I so often did in those days, searching for some way to earn money. My duties often turned to the inevitable. I hated myself for it, but it was the only way I could survive.

As I walked along the avenue I knew so well, my main route, I noticed that it was nearly deserted. This was not unusual, as the darkness of night allowed for those of ill repute, such as myself, to roam the streets. Consequently, those of higher status almost never walked the streets during the hours of darkness. The few people who did dare to journey out to this part of the city at night were almost always men, usually in search of services like as the ones I offered.

I became aware of someone walking in the opposite direction as me, moving very quickly. The stranger’s form was veiled by a large cloak that was billowing in the wind. As the person drew nearer to me, it began to walk faster. Then, it paused in front of the small jeweler’s store. I knew of that store, but had never been inside it. The shopkeeper shot me dirty looks whenever I stood outside, looking wishfully through the windows. It was where many of my regulars went to buy things for their wives out of guilt after they conducted their business with me.

As it gazed into the window, the stranger slowly reached up and slid the hood of the cloak back elegantly, revealing a rounded, feminine face, framed with beautiful wavy red hair. I quickly realized that this was the most magnificent woman I had ever seen.

As she turned and began to walk towards me, my enchantment grew even more. I knew instantly that she should not be on the streets, like a commoner. She must be lifted up like the goddess she resembled. I wanted so dearly to touch her, simply feel the softness of her skin and body. But I was afraid. Afraid that her perfect, resplendent beauty would be ruined by my unworthy touch.

She had a sort of glow about her that immediately drew me in. An air of wisdom perhaps, and grace. It made me feel as though there were no way she could or would hurt me.

Once I came back to my senses, I was terrified. I had never felt this for anyone, especially not another woman. However, I forgot all this when I looked into her eyes. They were continuously swirling, and twinkling with a light of insight and poise. They were as blue as a sunlight day, brown as rich cocoa, gray as the clouds during a storm, green as the leaves on spring trees, with flecks of silver more beautiful than any precious metals ever found on this earth. They were constantly spinning in gentle battle, the winner’s prize being the privilege to be in her eyes. They drew me in even more, and I knew that I must have her.
© Copyright 2006 AlfalfaRockChicaDarkFreak (alfdarkfreak at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1108034-For-All-the-Things-Before