*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1110155-Werewolves---Two
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Fantasy · #1110155
Gem's troubles are just starting. Updated!
CHAPTER TWO:

“You,” I accused loudly.

Stone Silver looked down his nose at me and grimaced. “That’s enough, now, that’s enough,” a voice from the past yelled, “let’s leave Mr. Silver be so he can . . .for the love of the full moon, Gem, what are you doing here?”

“Jared!” I pushed Stone Silver, who still had his arms around me, and ran to Jared . I smiled at Jared, who might as well have been my older brother. He left The Pack a year and a half ago to pursue something. I guess I figured out what that was.

“How’s Alp-your dad?”

“Fine,” I reported, grinning still. “I’ve missed you,” I told him sincerely. He nodded, giving me another distracted hug. “When are you coming back?”

“What? Oh, soon, Gem, soon. Just for a visit, though, okay?” He turned back to Stone Silver. “Maybe we should finish this in private,” he suggested. Silver nodded. Jared and the rest of the entourage took us to a private dining room close to the café I had eaten at that morning. “You okay,” he asked, snaking an arm around my waist as we entered the dining room. I nodded, but I wasn’t. I had been secretly trying to track Jared down to talk to him and I hadn’t been able to find him. I know I had smelled another Were but I would have been able to pick Jared out of ten million smells. I just didn’t see anyway to tell Jared. “Were you going for a run,” he whispered, close to my ear; I could hear the smile in his voice.

“Jared, why did you go,” I finally asked, unable to stand it a moment longer. I felt the anger and suspicion rise up in a low growl. “You didn’t even say goodbye,” I said as he sat down with me one the far side of the private dining room. I saw Stone Silver look at us funny. “He isn’t a. . .?”

“We’ll talk later, about everything,” he promised me, arm still around my waist.

“My cell number changed,” I told him quietly. I took a napkin from a nearby table and a pen from Jared and wrote it out. “Call me. Do not leave town without calling me. Do you hear me? I will track you down. You won’t like it.” I looked around, disappointed, while Jared pocketed my number. I was pretty much invisible in here, except for the fact that Stone Silver kept looking at me. He didn’t look very nice. There were a few waitresses that were coming around and taking orders. One of them, a pretty brunette, tipped a pitcher of water on Stone Silver while taking the order of the person beside him. I couldn’t help it – I laughed. Stone glared at me and then reprimanded the waitress. Not cool; I don’t care who he is. “Hey, you can’t treat her like that,” I said, loudly. I heard Jared growl under his breath. I pushed his hand off my arm and stood up. “She’s just trying to do her job. So she screwed up. I’m sure you’re so perfect that you never screw up.” I was being sarcastic and petty, but I didn’t care.

“She didn’t mean that,” Jared said quickly, “she’ll just be leaving.” Jared walked me over to the door quickly and practically pushed me out with a promise of a call this afternoon. I growled at the door and then left the hotel, completely ready for my overdue run.

At that point, I would have welcomed the pain that comes with transforming into my “other” self. Instead, I stayed in my skin and lost my thoughts while I ran. I wasn’t even sure where I was going, but I knew I’d have no problem finding my way back. Jared showing up out of nowhere bugged me quite a bit. It’s just beyond bizarre for him to show up like that. How did he get involved with Stone Silver anyway? I stopped myself there. There was something about Stone Silver that didn’t fit. Taking an extra deep breath I slowed down and called Hannah.

“Hello,” she said, distracted, “no, I don’t see him here, either. Hello? Hello? Who’s there?”

“It’s me,” I replied, sighing.

“Who,” she asked. “Oh, Gem, Hun, I haven’t found Stone Silver yet. It’s been a completely depressing morning,” Hannah informed me.

“That’s okay, Hannah, I have.” I updated Hannah on the situation. She, sequentially, turned and told Kate everything. Now I had two of Stone Silver’s biggest fans working on this mini-mystery of mine. Funny, I felt better all of a sudden. I finished my run and went back to the hotel.


~Please check out the first chapter of this, titled "Country Line Dancing with Werewolves." Thanks for reading! Please be kind and review!~
© Copyright 2006 storywriter84 (megan_nichole at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1110155-Werewolves---Two