*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1110653-Kayla-Hunting
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1110653
A small amount of my romance story about Kayla Hunting.
My life was considered pretty normal, with no normal twists or turns or anything dramatic happening at any time. Just another average, boring life. My father was a sweet 50-ish man with dark hair and eyes. There seemed to never be a day when he wasn't completely contented with everything in life. My mother on the other hand never seemed in my eyes to be deserving of such a great man. She was always complaining about work and never seemed to want to be home. I suppose her frequent trips out of town on 'business' helped her handle her obvious regret at the life she had.

I was the only person in my family with bright blonde hair, setting me aside from everyone else. Being an only child, I was dramatically spoiled. Both with love and material things, although I could easily do with only the love my father gave me. As I progressed in my teenage life, I found myself growing close to my father instead of farther away. It was difficult to relate to my mom, so I of course, didn't attempt to try. All of this changed the moment I met Ben.

I adored everything about him. I went to his every baseball game, even though I despised the sport. I always drug along my best friend Maria so I had someone to talk to as I watched Ben run across the field and people throwing balls to one another.

I kept to myself most of the time, and all of my secrets staid stocked up inside of me. The only secret I ever let out was Ben. Anyone who knew me knew I was completely infatuated with him. But to my knowledge, he didn't even know I existed.

One day, as I sat on a bench and looked out on the baseball field, I noticed something missing. Ben. I stood up and began looking for his tall figure on the field, with no luck. "Watch out!" I heard someone yell. I turned, only to be face by a baseball. I woke up on the grass next to the swingset. As I opened my eyes slowly, I saw someone standing over me, and when I finally was able to completely open my eyes, I realized it was Ben.

"Hi," I replied groggily.

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking sincerely concerned.

I nodded. "I just have a headache."

His eyes stayed on me as I sat up. I stuck out my hand and he pulled me up.

"I'm Kayla," I stated as I took a step backward.

"I'm Ben," he smiled.

"I know."

After he explained what had happened and asked if I needed a ride home, I followed him out to his beat-up, rusty car. It looked as if it had once been white, but the rust had almost entirely covered it with a red layer.

After this meeting, we had agreed on a date, and one month later had still been together. I sat in my living room alone. My mom was on another trip and my dad at the hospital as he normally was. I heard a knock on the door and when I opened it, I was greeted with a loving kiss. Ben and I sat on the couch and I fell asleep in his arms as we watched TV. I awoke in my bed with Ben lying next to me. I caressed his face and he gently kissed me on the forehead, his eyes still closed. He opened them not long after and sat up out of my bed. I giggled at his smiley-face boxers and he smiled at me.

"Kayla, I'm home!" I heard my father yell as he walked down the hallway to my room. Ben dove under my bed as my dad opened my door.
© Copyright 2006 -Error- (anonymous16 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1110653-Kayla-Hunting