*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1110807-Loves-Tragedy-Asunder
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1110807
A little piece of flash fiction; sorrows of a broken heart I thought was coming my way.
The plains were so beautiful this morning. Such a contrast, I thought. A hundred lifetimes ago I saw this day. The day of loss, parting, when my love would be torn asunder. She stood before me, a red scarf draper across her neck, blowing in the wind. Even the scarf pointed away from me, telling me that no time was left. That this was the end.

"This is your path, darling." She said softly, "You walk it alone now."

"I've seen this, I've tried to prepare" I started, my eyes were burning, "But there is no preperation, I can't lose you... You mean too much to me!"

"I cannot tread this path with you, you must face the future... Alone..." She choked on her words, she was fighting back her own sorrow. I was managing to do all but break apart.

"All that stands against us is --"

"Undeniable truth" she cut me off,

"Impercievable fear." I conlcuded.

And a tear fell.

"I told myself I could walk alone for you. For your needs. I need you, I need you now and I want you more than this pain I will endure."

"The pain will subside..."

"I will never want it to... I will never want to forget this love..."

"It will, it's natural... This is why we must part, for our paths are far too distanced, its intersections so few."

"in the end, they meet again."

"The end is too distanced. In distance do feelings fade."

"In seperation does pain stagnate. In pain is logic destroyed."

Two tears fell.

"I cannot let you destroy yourself... There is so much more --"

"I want nothing more!" I cried. I ended our parry. I was breaking apart. "I want nothing more then to travel with you, to endure time and fight pain! I love you, there are no other words, no other truth should be accepted. I love you - what other reason to make a decision!"

She dropped her head, my words shattered her defences and tears fell from here beautiful blue eyes.

"Goodbye" she said amidst the tears. She began to walk down her path, into a sunset I would never meet, into a future devoid of me. As she walked away, I fell to my knees and called out her name. In sorrow I cried out, uncaring of where my voice would lead. Torment had joined with me and I had known true pain, and I cried, and I cried. I lay down and I cried without a care of time or motion, I forced time to stand still with my agony. I cried until night, and through 'til the day, and her silouette had disapeared, and I knew she was gone. And I cried until finally I fell asleep into a dark night, with a morning to come that I never cared to meet.
© Copyright 2006 This Worlds New Brimming Heart (chambroie_fire at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1110807-Loves-Tragedy-Asunder