*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1111150-THE-WHIPPOORWILL-SONG--Introduction
by Doris
Rated: E · Draft · Other · #1111150
It happens to all of at one time or another. Call it the aging process...
Introduction
I think it must happen to all of us at some point in our lives. The need to revisit home that is. Call it part of the aging process if you will, call it failing health, or whatever; the need to revisit yesterday comes very strong at some point in our lives. The need to recall those years when we were young with more future before us than past behind us.

Life is what we make it I'm told. We are who we are. We were planned from the beginning of time and God says, "He knew us" before we were formed in the womb. He remembers our frame - He knows our down sittings and our uprisings and our thoughts before we think them. There is nothing private I guess.

The sound of the Whippoorwill call in the night, causes me to remember another time, another place when things were simpler, I was carefree and full of wonder, where the farm gave me a sense of 'all is right with the world'. His call takes me back without effort.

I've worked through the hard times, the times of deprivation, the lean times, or the times when we as children were punished in anger more severely than the crime we had committed called for. It would be easy to have a well trodden path back to the bad times. However, age has a way of helping us forget all those times, and leaving only the good. I'm glad, for I would hate to grow old and have only bad memories to carry me through. Standing on the back side of 60 helps one see their parents in a different light, even through adult eyes when forgiveness comes easier.

In each life there is a story we think the world would want to hear. It is important I guess to have significance in having a story to tell, whether good or bad proves we've lived. Just writing it down for future generations will serve as history. For surely there will come a time when our children or their children or generations after them may want to look back to view their roots. For them this story is written.
© Copyright 2006 Doris (datanner at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1111150-THE-WHIPPOORWILL-SONG--Introduction