*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1111530-Lake-O-Fire
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1111530
Fire Fire every where...and whose to blame?
Lake O’ Fire

Heat.
The raging inferno stood before me, towering above my head. The Screams drifted in and out of the red and orange dancing colors. The deep indigo sky, almost scorched by the scarlet flames down under its massiveness. The heavens ain’t burning tonight.
I stared through the fire wall, and I saw the dim shapes of my friends, and local parishioners, the dim shadows moved faster and faster, frantically trying to escape the heat, gotta beat the heat.
The cackling and angry burning wall seemed to laugh cruelly into my face, spitting at me with its sparks, punching me with the small wild flames, the real danger was in the fire, Mr. Angry Inferno.
Lights and sirens came screaming at a distance, faster and faster, probably breaking all the red lights. I glanced around me, no soul in sight, just the people in the lake o’ fire. Wait. There was someone, He stood at the edge of the forest, the man was fixated on the burning carnival rides, he was ecstatic, he had a grin from ear to ear.
That man set this fire, I thought. He killed the people. He was a bloody lunatic. He killed a bunch of people at the school fair. He was condemned.
But he wasn’t in the lake o’ fire.
I was horrified of this man, this stranger, this Killer. I was enraged.
The man looked up and saw me, he smiled and he gave me a wink, and that was it. I ran at him, anger and the rage of an inferno inside me. He was gonna see that Lake O’ Fire in a few minutes, or better yet for him, a frozen block of ice, no joys of the dancing fires for him in the afterlife.
No heat.
© Copyright 2006 Take apart your head (ohiois4lovers at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1111530-Lake-O-Fire