*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1111628-JD-Sullivan-and-the-Land-Of-Nod
by meli
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Fantasy · #1111628
My life, my land, my story
JD SULLIVAN AND THE LAND OF NOD

The land of Nod is a land not known by many. It’s population is small in number but great in nightmares that its inhabitants instill in your minds. I am speaking about that feeling you get when the hairs on the back of your neck stand up. The times that you wake from a dream but cannot remember it but you know it was bad because of the pace that your heart is racing and the sweat that is left on your pillow. The times that you feel that someone is looking over your shoulder but when you turn to see who is there you find that there is no one. Or is there? Your darkest fears come from Nod along with your worst nightmares. The inhabitants of Nod have no sense of felling therefore they do not care what kind of mental or physical stress they cay cause you. I know this because I am from the land of Nod. My name is JD Sullivan and this is my story.
I am among a ministry of twelve. We set the guidelines for the land. It was a position that was handed down to me and my eleven partners by the ministry before us. It was handed down to them by twelve before them and so on and so forth. Being in the ministry means that you are taken care of. The best of food, although it can not be tasted, the best of living arrangements, although it can not be enjoyed by any of our senses, and the respect from the land, which is only out of fear. The ministry of Nod would just as soon kill someone as to look at them. With the powers that the golden spikes possess the ministry are the only ones; who can cause death. All who exists in the land knows this therefore the ministry is to be feared. Fear is on of the few emotions in the land. The main emotion is hate. Hatred for all that is good, decent and pure at heart. It is my job along with the other eleven to make sure that the battle between good and evil stays strong. Even if that means leaving Nod to cause havoc in some other worlds.
Pride is an emotion held only by the ministry. Proudly we ride our black steeds with red fiery eyes throughout Nod making sure that our land keeps chaos at all times. If we see signs of weakness or any implications of good trying to enter the land we make sure that it ceases at once. It that means killing, so be it.
From time to time someone in the ministry is elected to go to other lands to oversee the turmoil spread by the henchmen of Nod. I was the lucky one this time. My will is to be strong and resist any temptations that lie in front of me so that I can defeat any good I might see.


DONFODNAL
JD SULLIVAN



© Copyright 2006 meli (meli at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1111628-JD-Sullivan-and-the-Land-Of-Nod