*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1112005-One-Final-Time
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Friendship · #1112005
A Story of a tragic love triangle
One Final Time

“ SHE WAS YOUR EX!” Riley screamed at Logan.

“ All I can say is that I am sorry.” Logan said in a disconnected tone.

“ Well sorry is not good enough this time! I can’t take it anymore! You promised you would never cheat on me again! Or was that just a lie too?” Riley cried.

“ No Riley, I love you! I would never lie to you.” Logan said, with tears gathering in his eyes.

“ Love. If you really loved me then you wouldn’t cheat on me!” She retorted.

“ She was all over me at that club, I was drunk and I didn’t know what I was doing, I’m so sorry, I never wanted to hurt you.”

“ Well you should have thought of me when you were at that club then. Logan, it’s over.” Riley said cooley.

Logan just turned and walked out the door, and her life. She dropped to her knees with tears streaming down her face. That is when she heard the door open, and foot steps coming toward her. Riley looked up and saw Brandon’s warm chocolate brown eyes deep with concern staring back. No words were necessary, he just wrapped his arms around her, and she cried. All the time he was whispering words to her trying to comfort her broken heart.

“ Tell me what happened. It will make you feel better to tell someone.” He said in a hushed voice.

“ Logan, he cheated on me again. So i broke up with him.” Riley said, taking in deep breaths to try and calm herself.

“ Was it Madison again?” He asked, deep in his own thoughts.

“ YES!” She burst out in frustration.

“ Well, he did cheat on you with her before.”

“ I know he did, but he promised he would never do it again! So much for promises.” Riley said in a quieter voice.

“ You know Riley, I have never cheated on a girl, lied, or broken a promise.” Brandon said in a bearley audible voice.

“ I know Brandon, I know. You have always been there for me, rain or shine. Thank you.”

“ Riley, I love you.”

Her heart started to pound. The guy she had always had a secret crush on loved her! Riley could feel her cheeks starting to turn red. She was just waiting for him to say just kidding or something, but he never did. He only pulled her closer and kissed her. In that moment, everything faded away, and it was just Brandon and Riley. Alone in the world, nothing else mattered, nothing could bring her down, not even Logan. But there was still something missing. A void.

“ I love you too.”

With those four words, the void in her heart was gone, he had filled it. They kissed again. And then she turned around to see Logan. He was holding something by his side, but she couldn’t make out what it was. Until he held up the gun. Brandon instantly stepped in front of Riley. Logan pulled the trigger. Brandon fell to the floor clutching his chest. Riley fell to his side, tears blurring her eyes, she pulled out her cell phone and dialed 911. Then without warning, Logan pointed the gun at his own head and pulled the trigger one final time. She put her head in her hands and cried. Then her tears stopped. Riley picked up the gun. And pulled the trigger.
© Copyright 2006 lacrossehottie (lacrossehottie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1112005-One-Final-Time