*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1112137-Will-They-Too-Go
by Jain
Rated: E · Short Story · Relationship · #1112137
Will they too go?
Nothing productive was left onto this farm by the enemy. But after the freedom, after fertilizing this land, seven beautiful flower bearing plants were planted. The owner of the land was not so economically strong that he can buy fertilizer, water and modern equipments. Still, that farmer left no shortfall in growing up these plants. With one desire in his heart he worked hard on those plants that when those plants will bear flowers, the flowers will perfume the courtyard of his house, will increase the beauty of his house, and will beautify the farm which was destroyed by the enemy and at the end, that farm will look like a garden. Those seven plants also have to be appreciated that they were growing up in such adverse circumstances.
Finally the day came which the farmer was eagerly waiting for. Beautiful-colored flowers from all seven plants. It was so pleasing for the farmer as it his life was blessed. Now he was also able to present himself in front of other farmers. His head was high with pride, the flowers were also proud of their master.
But even after possessing the flowers, the condition of the farmer was the same and now the flowers were also not willing to live in this wasteland. They wished to go to some garden. Farmer discussed with the flowers and reached a conclusion that, for their happiness, he will send them to different gardens and when the flowers will know the secret of beauty of those gardens, he’ll call them back and will make the garden out of his farm.
Long time was over. Flowers and flowers, beautiful flowers, came out of those plants and went to the gardens. Farmer happily let them go. But today, when the farmer compared his land with other gardens, this thing finally hurt him and he felt that those gardens were looking more beautiful than before while his own land was in the same pathetic condition.
Now he thought to call back the flowers and know from them the secret of the beauty of those gardens. A number of messages were sent to the flowers which were never answered. And those flowers, which were at one point of time curious to go to those gardens, were not happy living there and wanted to come back to their farm. The freedom, the affection and the respect that they were getting in the farm, was not here. But then, again, the same greed for fertilizer, water and modern equipments stopped them from coming back.
Today also that farmer expects those flowers to come back and beautify his courtyard. With his heart full of expectations, he waters the plants and thinks that the flowers which will come out now will fulfill his dreams. And as he sees a sign of any new flower coming out, he looks them with a sad heart and asks himself the same question – “Will they too go?”
© Copyright 2006 Jain (jainsaurabh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1112137-Will-They-Too-Go