*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1115958-Whatever-Happened-To-Finn-Dowen-Anyway
Rated: E · Fiction · Action/Adventure · #1115958
Looking for reviews! Will be happy to give some in return!
Finn loved dogs. She loved drawing and being alone. She was a master of karate, an ex-ballet dancer, a poker player, a 19 year old woman and a missing person. Right now, Finn was where nobody else would find here; and that was how she preferred it.
The Country Weekly Gazette of 1997 featured an article on Finn Dowen on G7, the People section. Mary Garza, the head reporter at the time, wrote a short description of Finn for the Sunday Star; it could not have been more inaccurate.
Finn Dowen, it stated, was a slender girl. She was short, only “5.2” and the age of 15 when first reported missing. She had been last seen wearing jeans and a blue superwoman t-shirt and her eyes were a dark brown. Finn had short red hair.
The last part was true at least; Finn did have red hair, very red for that matter and brown eyes. But the Finn Dowen sitting on the deadwood log was a far call from the 15 year old Finn Dowen, who had liked dogs.
She was a women; not only physically, but mentally and the few people who knew Finn all agreed she had grown much too mature, much too fast than a 19 year old should have.
Finn’s biggest pride was her red hair: red as a forest fire and down to her elbows. Prior to her description, Finn was no longer 5 foot 2, but had sprouted and stood a good 5 feet 7.
Finn still loved outdoors and her deep tan and freckles on the bridge of her nose showed for it. Eyes too big and a mouth too small kept Finn from true beauty, but to her, beauty was only a small object, and the world was a big one.
Finn had more to show than beauty: for she had brains and brains can make up for what beauty cannot. After all, brains got Finn where she is now.
And again, the question arises:
Whatever happened to Finn Dowen anyway?



PS> What DID happen???!!!! Check back for another installment! But first, tell me what you think!
© Copyright 2006 Incinerated (incinerated at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1115958-Whatever-Happened-To-Finn-Dowen-Anyway