*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1117917-A-Boomerang-of-a-Universe
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1117917
A short and sweet little fable that brings bitterness back to sugar.
If the universe is expanding outwards like a boomerang, travelling at horrendous speeds, it comes to mind that we should jump off. When we reach the end, our noble science will lead us to salvation. Even the effects of the universe are laughable in human eyes, for we have science--bound to logic as we are--and with science we shall prevent the end. We will resist the forces of everything around us and survive, no matter what.

When the backspin of the universe begins, I'll watch the first idiot jump. I'll even make sure that everyone gets off safely. I'm not actually a caring individual. I just plan to stay. My predecessors will return in my place. In a few hundred billion years. They will visit you then. Make sure to clean up what you left behind. I expect killing yourselves made quite the mess.
© Copyright 2006 K.W. Vollmer (darkkitty6 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1117917-A-Boomerang-of-a-Universe