*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1119824-The-Letter-Chapter-One
Rated: E · Draft · Drama · #1119824
Box of faded letters is opened and lets loose a love and passion so deep it won't die.
Chapter One:


I never knew if he got the letter, if he read it, or how he felt about it. I suppose now I never will.

I haven’t heard from him in twenty years. I haven’t really thought of him in almost ten. But one day, I was rummaging through my desk in my old home and found the old box that had all of his letters in it, knowing that if I did that it would be a mistake, but I just couldn’t resist. I read his first letter, the one he had written me when we first met and it talked about how we met and how glad he was to have met me. The past came flooding back and for the first time in a long time, I wondered what might have been…

The porch light illuminated his face, his square features, and his Cheshire Cat grin. It set off a sparkle in her eyes and in her heart. She and Johnny had just met and she was falling for him. There was something about him. His six foot two frame wasn’t lanky, in fact he was quite muscular. His reddish-brown hair was spiked up in the front and his eyes glowed green. His square jaw-line was set in pure determination to make her fall for him. She looked into his eyes and smiled. There was something about him…

“I had a really great time tonight Veronica.” She nodded, her blonde locks falling around her shoulders. “I did too.” He grinned even wider and started to say something but stopped himself. “What?” She waited on him to speak. “Can I see you again tomorrow night?” Her face looked relieved and joyful. “Only if you really want to.” His face turned serious and he leaned his face closer to her and he whispered: “Would I be asking if I didn’t?” The question lingered in the air while she appeared to be thinking about that. And then, seemingly out of the blue he kissed her. “Been thinking about that all night.” He said and then turned to go.

A tear burned its way down Veronica’s cheek. In ten years, she still remembered every detail of him and these flashbacks may drive her insane. She opened the second letter and began reading aloud to herself.
© Copyright 2006 tortured_artist14 (torturedartist at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1119824-The-Letter-Chapter-One