*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1120034-Overwhelmingly-Underwhelming
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1120034
based on a variety of myths with twists, this's inspired by Neil Gaiman's novel
         Jane Bowdy felt overwhelmed when she saw the eerily peaceful corpse infront of her, resting in a highly polished casket. The lifeless body had thick makeup on to disguise the marks left by her gruesome death. The smell of it mixed with all the people packed into the tiny funeral home on a hot August as well as their desperate attempts to mask their stench with more perfume and cologne was enough to make anyone feel sick to their stomach.
          As the minister read out his final words on the life of the poor victim, Jane looked at the body and was perplexed by the sight. Where the eyelids should have been were 2 brightly coloured plastic coins covering the entire eye area. Jane blinked in disbelief, and the apparition disappeared. Thinking her grief and imagination were the causes of the odd sight, she closed her eyes and relaxed.
         
© Copyright 2006 funkrockgirl (funkrockgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1120034-Overwhelmingly-Underwhelming