*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1120454-TheThird-Trouble-Maker
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Comedy · #1120454
This is something else i wrote English 9, i forget what it was for.
Jon Petrik
The Third Trouble Maker
I am the third. The third of three. Three trouble makers. My grandpa, my dad, and I all have the same name. Anthony, My full name is a Polish name. Now you might think that all three of us having the exact same name might be a little confusing, but its not. Although some would disagree with that. My grandfather’s health has been steadily declining for the past few years and he has been in and out of the hospital for numerous reasons including stomach cancer. On one of the visit’s a nurse came in with a shot for Tony. “Which one is Tony?” she asked. “I am,” replied my grandpa. “I am,” said my dad. “I am,” I said. “”Now really,” she said, “which one is the real one?” Again the same reply. Slightly flustered, she turned to my grandma and mom and asked “Which one is Tony?” “They all are,” my grandma and mom said in unison. The nurse glanced down at her clipboard. She looked up with a triumphant smile and said “Now, judging by the birth date I would guess that you are the Tony who needs this shot,” as she came over to my grandpa. She gave him the shot and cleaned up. As she was walking out of the room another nurse came in. “Watch these three,” the first nurse said to the second. My name is one that has a special meaning to me and a tradition. When I am old and lying in a hospital bed patiently waiting for my shot history will repeat itself with my son Tony IV as the final link of the chain of trouble makers. Unfortunately my grandpa will not be around to see my children but he is a good man and I know that he did what he could for those less fortunate during his time on this planet.
© Copyright 2006 Jon Petrik (steelersfanag4 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1120454-TheThird-Trouble-Maker