*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1120879-Silence-Bell-of-Marco-of-Aroania
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by SWP
Rated: E · Short Story · Mystery · #1120879
Opened your mind to higher thoughts, certain words will be with irresistible force...
COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL


Story about
Mystery & Fantasy



Silence Bell of
Marco of Aroania

by S.W.P.





Opened your mind to higher thoughts, and at length certain words
of the latter will be driven home with irresistible
force to your conscience…
COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL








Silence Bell of
Marco of Aroania


Preface



In the Mountain today, my happiness flows with the water river of the ministering spirits of the silence bell, thousands of miles away from home is the wanderer, with a sincere faith prayer, a high, strong wind is howling the echoed silence bell, and in each and every hill withered leaves are flying and leaving for the four corners of the world...

From time to time some may have noticed the echoe still lively given originally by Marco Aornia. The silence bell messages. Thus who sees the lord abiding everywhere alike, does not destroy himself by himself, and then reaches the highest goal. He sees truly, who sees all actions to be in every way done by nature alone, and like wise the self entities as existing in one, and all as emanating from that, then he becomes
One with the All.

Silence Bell of
Marco of Aroania


By a cold humid rain day, in the prison we see Marco kneeling before his straw cross - this most fragile and exalted of crosses. His prays in ecstatic joy, at one precious moment bending right forward so that his forehead touches the floor, the next moment kneeling with his hands folded and his eyes raised to heaven as if he saw beings visible only to him. From time to time he mutters a short prayer.

Now the jailer appears, an elderly man, followed by a blacksmith. Marco turns in terror and looks up at them. When he sees the chains in the blacksmith's hands, his eyes fill with tears, and he shrinks back a step. The jailer seizes his by the foot, and the blacksmith puts the ankle-chains on his. After being escorted and been walking slowly for long time and arrived in the justice court chapel, many face turns towards the entrance where Marco was standing. For many they all see Marco for the first time. It is so quiet in the chapel that you can hear the grating noise of the chains round Marco's ankles.

Marco comes forward. Through the pointed, colour windows the sunlight falls obliquely into the room in long shafts. Suddenly Marco finds himself in the middle of one of these shafts and stops for a moment. He becomes aware that every eye is turned towards his; his sees that
they are hard, cold and uncomprehending. For a few seconds it seems as if he is going to collapse, overcome by the cold, remorseless atmosphere. Marco is still shaking with sobs. Suddenly he sees a cross slowly forming on the floor close to his feet. It is the shadow of the window
grating. He knows this cross and loves it. It always comes when he is feeling lonely and unhappy.

Through the gate hundreds of curious sightseers can be seen climbing up into trees and standing on the parapets of the bridge in the hope of seeing a tiny fragment of the unaccustomed spectacle. The members of the jury are deeply affected by the simplicity he shows, face to face with death penalty. Many from the brotherhood disciples are in tears, even some of the soldiers.

A deep low voice from the judge asked, '' What is your last whish?''

Marco replied, '' My only wishes his to have a cross with me when I die.''

One of the jury members instructs to fetch one from the chapel, and make him read the prayers for those under sentence of death. One of the soldiers has heard Marco's last whish. He extracts two bits of wood from a faggot lying ready for the bonfire, and joins them so that they form a modest little cross. Marco, who has followed his movements, is touched. He his inexpressibly happy as he takes it with both hands, kisses it with tears in his eyes, and addresses ardent prayers to it. The soldier captain is now losing patience, and orders the executioner do his duty. Now his eye falls on the executioner, who has
climbed up on the other side of his in order to tie his to the stake. He is bound brutally to the stake.

The holy man remains standing. During Marco prayer he remains holding the crucifix in front of his, so that throughout he can see his Saviour. When the executioner has secured Marco he descends. The holy man continues to speak words of comfort to Marco. All around him are now in tears. The executioner has made his final preparations. In his hand he holds the flaming torch which is to set the bonfire alight. After a short moment the flames crackle and climb higher. Suddenly a deathly hush descends on the square. A dull silence. Only the crackle of the flames and the mumbled prayers of the priests can be heard. Oppressed by this stillness, some of the spectators fall on their knees, and others follow their example. Many of them light wax candles. The flames leap from one faggot to another ... they advance in little jumps over cavities and gaps in the fuel. Sparks fly, smoke whirls up; through the smoke, which occasionally conceals Marco, can be seen part of his face, which is raised to heaven, and his mouth, which is whispering prayers. Through the smoke he sees the executioner stirring the fire...

The flames climb steadily higher and suddenly without anybody standing at the main stand bell, it was heard by everybody the sounds of the true spirit of Marco famous messages, '' We are One, be One, love itself is all One...''




Silence Bell of
Marco of Aroania


15 YEARS BEFORE…

The stars are not the only ones watching me. I turn from them. I might hide from the gaze of the stars here, but the other, unseen eyes are still on me. The whispered words between them drift past my ears, talking about me, talking to me. Suddenly stars cease to blink in the night sky. The famous ascetic silence bell song moves through me, ringing mystically in my mind and bones. The obviously true honesty of its feeling and passion over-whelms my mind with its grace and truth. I can barely stand-up anymore, I fall to my knees.

"You felt the song talking to you?"

A strange voice? Here? Getting slowly back up in fright at the sound. My heart pounds once more as I turn. Blinking through my tears, I confront the famous mystic monk Marco. A real soldier of Christ from the monastery that mostly all the disciples day to day all talks about.

"Do you understand me?" Marco asks, his words coming slowly.

I nod my mouth suddenly dry. I force my breath in and out, desperate to control my fear.

"What is your name brother?" the monk Marco asks sharply.

"Shin Aratamus is my name."

"Would you like brother Shin to escort me back to the monastery?"

Since then that day I knew I had to be with him as much he would permit. A real blessing it was for me just to be under his wings…

Silence Bell of
Marco of Aroania


Once they was a great mystic man, who his vision in his time was so intense and radical that he was put on trial for heresy, and religious dishonour. Shortly after he was sentence to death by execution by burning.

The magnificent rising sun unveils steep hills and from a high mountain above an old monastery temple where he was residing most of his life, in retreat was observed by only a few disciples that time to time when in early morning he was swinging back and forth the movement on the Bell-cord that the Bell would moved but without any sounds. He was one with all the trees, the mountains and everything. Apparently when the bell moved the sounds was communicating in silence his mind power at work, healing spirit and his wisdom. One evening between few disciples gathering around the table meal, one of them want to prove that their was nothing wrong with the main Bell of the monastery, so from witnesses from his execution the Bell in less then just few movement start the famous ding dong sound. It was a real mystery for the monastery disciples. Between them some old monks had taken a vow to live in darkness, and from them they knew he was sending some kind of messages through mountains far enough that even small tribe in some isle was capable of sensing this strange vibration that make them dance at night strangely around the middle high burning sacred fire.


This mystic monk name was Marco of Aroania. Always first to admire the sunrise and the last one who blow the fire-light on candles very late at night when all the others were sleeping. Even some legend was about him that he was once observed to put candles light off just by walking by. Solitary by its nature and from most of the monk’s congregation was much respected and fear too. It was revealed once by a younger monk by the name of Shin Aratamus which seem the most that was able and could be closed to Marco that he says: “When the material word and the devine world are well co-related, when the hearts become heavenly and the aspirations pure, perfect connection shall take place. Then shall this power produce a perfect manifestation. Physical and spiritual diseases will then receive absolute healing.”

Shin dedicated many years studying under Marco teaching and guidance. Many writing based on Marco mystic conception and strange forces that become active and belong to different world, was kept on scrolls secretly hidden in the monastery cave where only Shin knew the place. The young monk Shin been questions in time by some monk’s and mentioned them that Marco had many visions like some history prophets had; they are spiritual discoveries and seem to have reality. Shin explained that he was told by Marco an example: ‘I saw a person in a certain form, and I said such a thing, and he gave me such an answer.’ This vision is in the world of wakefulness, and not in that of sleep; it is a spiritual discovery. Shin continued,

“Among spiritual souls, there are spiritual understandings, discoveries, a communion which is purified from imagination and fancy, an association which is sanctified from time and place. So it is written in the gospel that on Mount Tabor Moses and Elias came to Christ, and it is evident that this was not a material meeting. It was a spiritual condition. Communications such as these are real, and produce wonderful effects in the minds and thoughts of men, and cause their hearts to be attracted.”

When Marco was asked how it was that the heart often turns with instinctive appeal to some friends who have passed into the next life, he answered:--
“It is a law of God’s creation that the weak should lean upon the strong. Those to whom you turn may be mediators of God’s Power to you, even as when on earth, but it is the One Holy Spirit which strengthens all men.”

Shin knew the cycle during the year, when Marco was executing the Bell sounds in silence. Shin explained that Marco was ravaged of the ideas of men was constantly just keep sleeping of negligence, being careless of the great mercy which God has shown towards him, turning his face away from the Light and going on his way in darkness. Shin one night having serious discussion with his companions monk revealed that many time earthquake was felt in different place in the world when in time Marco was sending vibration silence sounds using the bell imaging his mind sending in all direction bouncing from wall mountains to many peoples in this world which seem by many have the ability for power of spiritual healing, just as some men are endowed with exceptional talent for music, mathematics, so others appear to exceptional aptitude for healing. These are the people who ought to make healing art their life-work. Marco of Aroania was awakening the sleeping healing powers in many who were just missing a kind of a spark to light up the fire in their heart. Still today many are probably thousands in the world today, richly dowered with natural aptitude for healing, in whom this precious gift is lying dormant and inactive. When the potentialities of mental and spiritual treatment are more fully realized, the healing art will be transformed and ennobled and its efficacy immeasurably increased. And like Marco was able to bring new adepts by their self healer at works, same was for this new knowledge and power in the healer are combined with lively faith and hope on the part of the patient, wonderful results may be looked for…
The rocks and woods around, and mountains, tremble at time of the silence bell sound. A sound that only attunes flaming sword hearts could feel and listen too. Echoes of soft angelic distance murmurs, mixed with strange howling winds where clouds dispels.
« Sword and shield mind prepare! This is no ordinary mortal works, nor art’s effect, but done by a gold-lance soldier of Divinity. » There is for each generations only a few in this world, but again those were already pre-destiny to be on a journey of helpers that only high spiritual congregation have great victory to make accomplishment on making beauty to shines brighter in the heart of him who longs for it than in the eyes of him who sees it…

Brother! Did you hear so far the silence bell?

Of course we are all prisoners but let me say that some of us are in cells with windows and some without… You can’t raise your hand in blessing if it is filled with gold. There are other worlds inside of man, not made up of this coarse material but of stuff which can be called non-material. These worlds cannot be seen as long as the mind is shaking… We are connected with this outer material world through our organs of sense. Through eyes we see, through ears we hear, and so on. Suppose our mind does not run outward through these organs of senses. Then our body is a mere object like other objects, and we, for the time being, are entirely cut off from this world; in other words, as good as dead. When we let the mind go down through the organs of sense, we again become alive as far as the world is concerned. If we go a step further; that is, direct the mind inwardly, after disconnecting it from the organs of sense, the inner worlds will become visible. When this practice of disconnecting from the external organs of sense and connecting with the inner worlds becomes a habit, then man can function at will either in this material world or in the inner, non-material world…

The task, therefore is difficult, but it can be successfully completed,
and this is the object of our life…Yes, I agree. It is a slow affair, it
requires patience, perseverance and specially faith…
Per say sometime during the year, our dreams or some of them have tendency to translate the silence bell sound. Once, I heard in one of them that a truly great man is he who would master no one, and who would be mastered by none. Great Ô one! Who are awakened and not forgetful, who are given to meditation, who are wise, and who delight in the repose of the retirement from the world leaning on a gold staff…
Marco of Aroania simply said:
“The healing that is by power of the Holy Spirit needs no special concentration or contact. It is through the wish or desire and the prayer of the person.”


---S.W.P.
© Copyright 2006 SWP (shadowwarrior at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1120879-Silence-Bell-of-Marco-of-Aroania