*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1121839-the-chase
by xlissx
Rated: E · Other · Action/Adventure · #1121839
this is just the beginning of something I wrote, its set in a forest.
She's running. Running faster than she has ever gone before- flying through the air, soaring like an eagle. She tears through the trees that surround her as her feet pound the terrain, branches snap as she catches them with her wildly flailing limbs. She loses her footing on some stones and stumbles, she falls- hitting the ground with an almighty BANG, landing heavily on her right foot. She desperately tries to get up, knowing she has precious little time to waste- its comming, she knows it. Calling out into the silence for help that will not come, she manages to drag herself upright. She tries to run, she fails. The tree's behind her roaring as it approaches. She feels it arrive behind her, as the earth trembles and quivers, she cries as she knows her final moments are approaching, everything that once mattered pales into insignificance. She feels its hot breath on the back of her neck, hears it spit and gargle. She turns around slowly to face what she knows is definately her final battle.
© Copyright 2006 xlissx (xlissx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1121839-the-chase