*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1123375-My-half-friend
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Psychology · #1123375
About a depressed pscho guy and his gay lover. Good twist at the end.
As I awoke my eyes wandered to the beaming light that was leaking through the window. The sun hit my eyes which made me flinch and blink.
"Fuckin A! Another great morning." I said sarcasticaly.
"As a matter of fact it is." my best friend and lover replied while strolling in the bedroom with a cup of coffee in hand. " Your Social Security came in the mail today."
I get a S.S. check every month because my wife passed away a few years ago in a car accident. It is hard to get over something like that, but having Mike around really helps. He assists me in my problems and the thought of him makes me get through the day. Sometimes I feel he is like my other half.
I took a sip of the coffee and abruptly spit it out.
"What, is it hot or something?" asked Mike.
"Yeah, it's hot..... and it tastes like stagnant water mixed with blood and shit."
Mike walked out of the room with his head down and his tail between his legs.

I pulled myself out of bed and yawned. Putting my coat on I realized that Mike still had my check. It's hard to get by on 600 or so dollars a month, especially when half of it goes to Mike.

I walked into the living room with an upside down smile and a chip on my shoulder.
"Hey, listen Baby, i'm sorry for the shitty coffee." Mike apoligized.
Ignoring him I walked into the living room and threw myself into the recliner. The phone rang the moment I sat down. I reluctantly stood up. Just my luck.
"Hello?" I answered in an angry tone.
"Hi, may I speak to Mike?" Someone with a young feminine voice inquired.
"MIKE"

I set the phone down and grabbed the remote. Then I jumped back into my chair and turned on the tube.
-a few minutes later-
"Lance, I got your I.D. and i'm going to go cash your check." Mike told me.
I shrugged and let him walk away.

Mike ran thru the doorway three hours later and urgently came to me.
" I need to tell you something. I dont want you to get mad, but I can't keep on living this lie. I want to let you know that I am going straight and that I have been cheating on you with a girl from the office I work at." Mike blurted out rapidly.

It took me about 0.5 seconds to let this sink in. `Where the fuck is this bitch` I thought. "IS SHE STILL AT THE OFFICE?!?!"
" Calm down Lance, I am sor"

There was no way I could hear the rest of what he was saying because I was on the way to his office with a 9mm. in my belt and an intent to kill.
I got to the office and found this bitch. I shot her twice in the head. With brains and blood on my shirt I casually walked out on to the street. I was somewhat releived until i noticed the 10 cop cars with sirens howling about 10 yards in front of me.

My lawyer decided I should plead insanity. Now I am living the rest of my days in a maximum security mental institution. Where I am serving my time for murder and also scizophrenia with split personalities. It's really mentally tough in here. They keep on trying to tell me that everything I know and how I think is wrong. They also try to tell me that a lot of the things I believed before were not true. It is all good anyway, I am happier now, but I will never believe that Mike didn't exist.

Short Story by James Malibu.
afterword: I wanted to write a short story and this was an idea I had. To have a guy who was mentally ill after the death of his wife. He has split personalities and if you didn't understand the story Mike was one of his personalities. I also left a couple of hints in the story and if you didn't notice them reread it then you will. This is the first thing that I have wrote, in about 5 or so years. I am also a high school dropout so forgive me for any spelling and punctuation errors. Thank you for reading my story.

© Copyright 2006 James Malibu (skrewhed at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1123375-My-half-friend