*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1124277-Death-in-the-Woods
Rated: · Other · Horror/Scary · #1124277
There is no way out


The women opened her eyes and a bolt of pain shot through her head. Blood spilling over her opened eyes from a large gash across her forehead. Her hand wiped away the blood covering her eyes and face. She began to survey her surroundings. Before she could get a glimpse of what was around her blood had engulfed her eyes again, leaving her blind. She reached for her shirt. More pain. Not only was there no movement from her arm; it was dangling from her shoulder bent the wrong way. She tried to move her other arm. It worked. She managed to rip a piece off her shirt.
Her one working arm brought the piece of cloth to her eyes. After one drag across her eyes and forehead she caught a quick look at her surroundings. Trees and fog. The blood covered her eyes once again, but it had slowed. She wiped again. She tried to move her legs. Branches and leaves crunched under her mangled, bruised body.I have to get to my feet, she thought. It was nighttime. She in was in the middle of the woods. She had no recollection of what had happend or how she got there. More importantly how did she get these horrible wounds all over her body? The women grabbed a branch from a nearby tree with her working arm. She pulled herself off the ground; a torrent of sharp pain raced through her body. The women got to her feet and began to walk. She had never felt pain like this before. Once when she was eleven she cut her knee open and needed to be sewn up. Another time she got a concussion in gym class. This pain was in a total different stratosphere. It was unbearable. Despite the pain, she began to walk. With dense forest all around her, movement was impeded in almost every direction. Trees, bushes, branches all keeping from moving in any one direction.She stopped in frustration. Her sudden stopped propeled her dangling arm into a branch. She cried out in agonizing pain. She dropped to her knees, sobbing.
"Do you feel the pain...Courtney?" A voice in the distance asked.
Courtney eyes searched the area around her. "Who the fuck are you!" She screamed.
"You know who I am." The voice stated.
A gunshot echoed through the woods and into the night air. The bullet cut through the some branches and struck Courtney in the thigh. The pain drove through her like a locomotive. She fell face first into the ground. She lay there, crying, with insects crawling into her mouth and drowning in the mucous seeping out of her nose. Courtney gave up; she was going to die there. There was no getting up now. Broken arm, gashed forhead, gunshot wound to the leg. It was over. She was going to die. She thought about her family. Her mother and father, her brother. Her new boyfriend of six months. None of them knew where she was. Shit, she didnt even know where she was. Or how she got there. She didnt deserve this. Courtney eventually passed out. She thought she had died, but she didn't.....
© Copyright 2006 Stephen Queen (adamh3624 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1124277-Death-in-the-Woods