*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1124486-Whats-Worth-Writing
by Joshua
Rated: E · Other · Inspirational · #1124486
Interested...? Please read...
~WHAT'S WORTH WRITING???~


This is for people who may believe they do not have the ability to write well.


          Do you ever wake up, and have this ultimate desire to write? I mean, it doesn't have to be anything in particular, just the desire to write. I get that desire a lot. I've read a lot of poetry here. I received a reply for one of my comments on a poem (won't say any names) thanking me for my review and that they probably shouldn't have put it on this site. I'd like to talk about the last part of the previous sentence.

          What's worth writing? I used to ask myself that question a lot, and after reading that person's reply to my comment, I started to ask myself that question again. This is my fourth day here, and let me tell you this: I was afraid that nobody would like my work. Nonetheless, I joined up, and started putting work on the site.

          So what's really worth writing? Here's what I think. Everything. Whatever YOU WANT to write...THAT is what's worth writing. There are many, many people in this world, and you will have positive and negative feedback, that's just the way things are. Take the positive feedback, and cherish it. When you have negative feedback, use it as a lesson. Let feedback teach you how to get better. If you practice hard, and write enough, and you truely love writing, you have the chance to become something great to the world. Of course, in my opinion, everybody here is great because they have the courage to post their work for everybody to see, and they have the ability to take criticism in all forms. That right there, is something many people CANNOT do, and I admire everybody here for being able to do it.

          So just remember these words: What's worth writing is what you want to write. Who cares if people hate your work? As long as you can use writing as a creative outlet, you're doing something positive, and THAT is what counts.

Questions? Comments? Think I'm crazy? Please tell ^_^.

Special thanks to everyone who has given me gifts, ratings, and comments! They are wonderful, sweet, and mean a lot to me. Thank you so much!
© Copyright 2006 Joshua (silverywaters at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1124486-Whats-Worth-Writing