*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1124756-Note-to-self-Hang-in-there
Rated: E · Letter/Memo · Contest · #1124756
Letter to myself five years ago.
Dear Annie,
You may not believe it but this letter is coming from your future self. I know that the future seems bleak now. With the birth of Jacob and the memory of the night, he had his stroke so fresh on your heart. During those first, days when you did not know if he would survive. Or even have a functional life.

Well I have to tell you even though it has been a hard road to travel for you as well as him. He is amazing! To anyone who does not know him he does not even appear to be handicapped. He runs, jumps, and plays almost as well as any other five-year-old boy. What he lacks in physical ability he makes up for that with his charisma and charm. My favorite joke is “If I new boys would be this much fun I would have had them first.

I just wanted to reassure you that all would be fine. Hang in there. And enjoy all the little quirks that make Jacob who he is. You are in for a treat.

Much Love,
Annie.
*Delight*
© Copyright 2006 anne cramer (anec at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1124756-Note-to-self-Hang-in-there