*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1125144-A-Cure-for-Depression
by Lily
Rated: 13+ · Other · Opinion · #1125144
some thoughts on the "cure" for depression
So lately I've been thinking. I think that the cure to depression and to sadness is right in front of everyone, and that they choose whether or not they want to see it. Depression’s all about having no way out. Being imprisoned, locked up, nowhere to go. The answer is so amazingly simple that most people just let it pass them by. The answer is that you have to see that whenever it seems like you're trapped or whenever it feels like there's no way out, there is always an exit. An escape, a safehaven. Somewhere to run to. Sure, this exit may be hidden. It may be concealed, pushed aside, or covered up. But that's the wonder of it: the exit is still there, as long as you're willing to take your time and look for it. I think that's the problem with most people these days. They give in too easy. Just give up. Accept what's going on and not change a thing. Most people aren't willing to get up and fight because it's too HARD. Because, hey, why put up an effort when it’s probably not even gonna work anyway? But see, that's where the problem starts in the first place, all this negativity just piling up and up until it's ready to burst. And boom, there you are, back at square one, right where you started. All because you weren't willing to just get off your ass for once and stand up for something. No effort, no trying, no working towards something, and here we all are, just a bunch of kids who don't know what to do with themselves. Is living like that really worth it? Believe me, it's not. So why won't anybody just take a stand? Why won't the majority of people speak up for themselves, show that they actually believe in something? There may be plenty of reasons to answer all of these questions, but I think that I know what the main one is: people choose what they want to see. Most people choose to ignore the bright side of things. And why is that? Because, once again, it’s the easy way out.
© Copyright 2006 Lily (mylastresort87 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1125144-A-Cure-for-Depression