*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1125304-2021
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by M.Rye
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1125304
A war between two groups the TLUC and the Mafia.
2021
They were happy people. They could do whatever they felt, whenever they felt and had a lot of freedom. Well, so to speak. When it came to school, it was rather easy. Seeing how this is the future, there is no need to go school only for the MCAS. At age 5, you learn your ABC’s, 123’s, and how to get along with your peers. At age 9, you begin mathematics. Everyone must take math, whether you’re part of the T.L.U.C, the C.U.L.T, or the Mafia [although some people are still debating on this]. When you’re 13 you must take a C.A.T or Career Aptitude Test to see what kind of job might be good for you. Finally, by the time you’re 16, you are supposed to have found your dream job by then and if you haven’t…you’d have to go all the way back to square one. At the age of 18, you would have your career and work, be married, and probably start a family [People are still debating on this one too, they feel that 18 is too young for certain people].
War was going on at this time. It was the Mafia against the T.L.U.C.’s. The Mafia was fed up with living under these circumstances. They were also fed up with being just, there. They wanted to be a part of something in this world, and it was hard, especially since the T.L.U.C. was so powerful and could kill everyone and everything in a heartbeat. But they choose not to, it’s easier to watch people suffer.


“Neo Model, I want you and Girl 1 to go into the T.L.U.C.’s headquarters and steal one of their weapons. I want the nuclear gun. If we don’t capture it, we’d all die. Do you understand how important this mission is?” Master Edwards said.
“Yes, sir. We understand. But, why is the nuclear bomb so important?” Girl 1 asked. Neo Model, an android, shook his head in disbelief.
“Are you questioning your master, Girl 1?” Master Edwards spat.
“No, no, sir. I just want to know why- “It is important because it contains the virus, yellow fever. One little explosion and that little baby will not only kill millions, but it will also cause an epidemic.” Master Edwards explained.
“You can count on us sir. We will return the weapon safely.” Neo Model reassured him.
“Thank you Neo Model. Now get going.” Master Edwards led Neo Model and Girl 1 into a small lab. “These are a few thing you’ll need. There will be security cameras and security guards all over the place, so you’ll need to be careful.” He held out 2 ID passes. “These are T.L.U.C ID passes. I found them next to the deceased.” He looked to Girl 1. “I’m going to have to cut off your hair so you look like this boy. Neo Model will lend you a pair of pants.” Mister Edwards walked out shortly, returning with sharp scissors. Snip, snip. Girl 1 glanced down and saw her brown hair piled on the floor. She sighed. “I know you’ll do well.” Master Edwards said, dismissing them. Girl 1 stopped him. “Wait, aren’t we going to have any other weapons? How are we supposed to drop kick someone with an ID card?” Neo Model shook his head again whilst Mister Edwards looked like he was ready to strangle her. “You will do no such drop kicking. The ID card is all you need. Now GO.” Girl 1 and Neo Model rushed out.






Girl 1 and Neo Model were outside of the T.L.U.C headquarters, crouched behind the building. “Now, when I saw “Go”, we’re going to quickly run around the corner to the front entrance, ok?” Neo Model said. Girl 1 nodded, hesitantly. “I really don’t know why Master Edwards agreed to let you come. You’re hopeless.” Neo Model said. “Well, I’m no android, I’m a human being. I’m trying my best. I’m going to drop kick you if you don’t stop being mean to me!” Girl 1 yelled. “Enough with the drop kicking! It’s physically impossible to drop kick someone anyways, unless the person you are drop kicking is a baby or something. Now, can we focus please?” Girl 1 nodded. “Ok…go!” Neo Model shouted and they ran around the corner to the front entrance on the headquarters. Just as they were about to enter, they heard a voice from behind. “What are you Mafias doing here?” They slowly turned around. “Uh, we aren’t from the Mafia, we are part of the T.L.U.C.” Girl 1 said proudly. “Oh really? Then why are you sneaking around? I mean, it is your territory, right?” The boy said. “Who are you?” Neo Model offered. “Adam. I’m part of the C.U.L.T.” Adam whispered the last part. “The C.U.L.T, eh? Why are you here?” Girl 1 asked. “That’s what I’m asking you.” Adam retaliated. “I’m on a mission to capture the nuclear gun containing the yellow fever virus.” Adam said. “Oh, we are to!” Girl 1 said happily. Neo Model tugged Girl 1’s arm. “Let’s go.” Adam stopped him. “Maybe I can be of assistance.”
“No, we don’t need your help, C.U.L.T.”
“Oh, harsh words. Why can’t we just get along?” Adam asked.
Neo Model sighed. “Fine, you can help. Come quickly, we have to do this fast.” Neo Model, Girl 1, and Adam showed ID’s and went inside the building. Once inside, they all split up to find the weapon. Neo Model had found it and sent a message to the both of them to meet him outside. “I can’t believe you got it!” Girl 1 gleefully yelled. “I can’t believe either.” Another voice said. They all turned around and saw Master Edwards with 2 other guys in black suits. “Master Edwards?” Neo Model asked. “I got you all right where I wanted. Hand me the weapon Neo Model.” Master Edwards ordered. “What? This was all a trap? No, I’m not giving it to you. I’m going to drop it.” Master Edwards took a step closer. “You don’t want to do that, boy. You’ll kill us and set an epidemic. Yellow Fever is deadly, don’t you know that?” Girl 1 and Adam looked to Neo Model in horror. “Please, don’t. You’ll kill us.” Girl 1 pleaded. “What do you mean, us?” Adam asked her. “I’m getting out of here.” He took off as fast as he could, calling his friend Jeremy for transportation. “Doesn’t that boy know that he and his friend will probably get killed too?” Master Edwards said to no one In particular. “I’m dropping it. Right, now.” Neo Model grinned. He would survive it, he wasn’t human. “NO!” Everyone yelled at the same time.










Epilogue

Master Edwards, the 2 men assisting him, Girl 1, and Jeremy all died. Adam survived, but got yellow fever. He was one of the few people who survived the yellow fever epidemic. The epidemic swept the nation, killing many. Neo Model got arrested by the T.L.U.C. and is now being tested.




The End…?


© Copyright 2006 M.Rye (m.rye at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1125304-2021