*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1125444-The-Journey-Begins-Chapter-2
Rated: E · Other · Sports · #1125444
Chapter 2 of the previous one. Still needed reviews
Chapter 2

Liz looked up at Maria “What are you looking at?” she said as she turned around. Her face fell. It was Randy Orton with gravy all over his face

“Wow, I’m so, SO sorry” she said, scurrying to the table and getting a few napkins to clean him up.

As she handed them to him, she looked at him, and to her surprise, he was laughing

“You don’t have to be so scared. I’m not mean like you see on TV” he said with a soft voice.

“I know that, I was just scared that I already made a bad impression around here”

He lifted her head, which was buried within her chin “You don’t have to worry, everyone will love you around here”

Liz smiled at him, and extended her hand, introducing herself to him.

“Well, it’s nice to meet you. I’m going to get back to eating now, and you should think about getting your stuff into the locker room”

Liz forget that she’d had her luggage with her “Oh yeah! Thanks” she smiled and turned back to Maria “I’m going to put my stuff in the locker room. Good luck with finding Carlito” she said, waving goodbye to Maria.

She headed to the locker room and knocked on the door. No answer came, so she opened the door and walked in. There was no-one in there, so she found an empty spot and put her luggage down.

She looked around and pinched herself again. This is all a dream, you know it is, she thought to herself. You never dreamed you’d be here and you are, you’re living your dream. This will show those doubters!

She thought she’d heard a phone ring, when she discovered it was hers. She leant down to her bag and got it out. She looked at the number, and recognised the number. As she answered it, the door opened and it was a member of the sound crew.

“Can you keep it down a little? We’re just doing sound checks” he said

“Sorry, it just rung” she said, and moved to another area of the locker room for a little bit of peace.

“Hello Ang! How you doing?” she said into the phone

“Good, just making sure you got there safely” Ang said on the other side of the phone. Ang, or Angela, was her best friend who shared a place together when she first moved to the USA

“Yeah, you know I did! I sent you like three messages as soon as I got off the plane!” she laughed

“Good good, I just wanted to make sure... I’ve got to get going, class starts again in ten minutes, so I’ll be seeing you this weekend?” she asked

“You better believe it” she said “Seeya” as she hung up the phone, the door opened again.

This time, it was Torrie Wilson who walked in. Wearing a short black skirt and tank top, she was carrying her luggage under one arm, and Chloe, her dog, under the other.

Liz rushed over to her “Here, let me help you with that” she offered.

“Thankyou very much” she said, putting Chloe down and letting her wander around the locker room

Liz grabbed the bag from Torrie and put them next to hers.

“Say, I’ve never seen you here before” Torrie said as Liz put down the bags.

“Yeah, I know, today’s my first day” she said, as she introduced herself to Torrie.

For the next three or so hours, she spent most of the time introducing herself to the whole locker room as they had arrived and J.R made sure that they were nothing but nice to her.

About two hours until showtime, and Liz was called into J.Rs office again.

“Ok Liz, this is the sheet that everyone looks at to know who they are facing tonight. You’ll be facing Candice Michelle, and it shouldn’t be too hard for you” he said

Liz nodded and went to say something, but J.R cut her off

“Please wait, I’m not finished yet”

“Sorry sir”

“No problems, you’ll get used to it, don’t worry” he said with kindness in his voice. “Anyway, Candice Michelle will be having someone come down to the ring afterwards, so we’re going to have you saved by none other, than John Cena”

Liz’s stomach did tumbles. The one person she was truly eager to meet was the one she was going to be saved by.

“B-b-but why sir? Has it got to do with feud purposes?” she stuttered

“Yes actually, it does, but don’t you worry your pretty little head off about it” he said, as he opened the door.

Liz smiled at him and walked out, walking back to her locker room to get ready. As she walked, she noticed her shoelace was untied, so she bent down and tied them back up, took two steps and tumbled over some wiring.

Liz fell hard on the floor “Oof!” she said out loud “Note to self, watch where you’re walking” she got up and dusted herself off, when a member of the audio crew came up to her.

“You ok miss? Shouldn’t you be out there?” he said, pointing to where the fans we’re lined up

“No, I work here now” she said

“Oh sorry, you’re the new girl”

“Yep, sure am” she said enthusiastically shaking his hand.

“In that case, you should be out at the ring”

“WHAT!” she yelled

“Yeah, going over your match with Candice”

She shook her head “That’s right, I knew that’s where I was going” she looked around “Um, which way is it to the ring?”

The crew member pointed left and she thanked him and walked out.

She headed out through the curtain and gasped. She couldn’t imagine how fantastic it felt to be a WWE superstar, and now here she was, making her debut, she knew the feeling.

She walked down to the ring and greeted Candice.

“Hi Candice, I’m Elizabeth, but you can call me Liz, its what I prefer” she said, extending a hand

She looked at her hand and looked back at Liz

“I don’t shake hands” she said, looking at Liz with utmost disgust “I give all newcomers hugs” she said, giving Liz a tight hug, which she returned.

They broke from their hug and began planning the match and the moves. Liz had her finisher all set out, it was a DDT combined with a submission that hooked the opponents legs and head. She explained it to Candice and her face dropped

“Wow, that sounds so dangerous” she said

“I know, but it’s what I do” Liz said, shrugging her shoulders “I can modify it for one match if you like. Just make it a DDT instead”

Candice nodded “Sounds good, what’s the name of your move anyway?”

“It’s called the ‘Unpredictable Pain’” she said, swelling her chest with pride

Candice nodded again “Very nice, I’m yet to see it, so I’m sure it’s impressive” She shook her hand and said her goodbyes.

She got out the ring and walked backstage, leaving Liz standing in the ring on her own, wondering how loud its going to be when she gets out there later on in the night.
© Copyright 2006 AustraliasNextWWEDiva (lizjessie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1125444-The-Journey-Begins-Chapter-2