*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1125527-Work-Limbo-and-the-Cesspool
Rated: NPL · Other · Opinion · #1125527
A rant of the lovely events that happened at work today.
It's a shame that our whole day today was spent worrying about whether or not we had jobs. The company that I work for at this moment might be eliminating my position tomorrow, and they chose today to give us this notice this morning. We all knew it was happening, I guess we just didn't know it was happening so soon. We were told this morning that we should hear from HR by the end of tomorrow. Imagine if you will the terror of picking up the phone every few minutes to expect to hear some nasally voice on the other end telling you that you are out of a job because they hired you four months ago and now have no use for you. Everyone that called became a potential suspect. All for nothing, seeing as how no one called a single one of us.Why could they just not tell us until tomorrow? What possible good did it do to tell us this morning if they had no intentions of telling us in the first place? I watched in horror as Cindy cleaned out her desk in anticipation of losing her job at the bank for over 18 years. What words of wisdom could I possibly offer her being that if she lost her job it would be to me, the person she trained only four months ago to be her assistant. Tomorrow we go back bright and early to sit by the phone again and wait, still trying to maintain some professionalism and help the customers that have no clue that the bank is being ripped apart by corporate bastards who only care about the numbers and not about the people that they are stepping on. Ants is a better description of how they look at us way down there on retail level. So replaceable by a million other ants all willing to do the same thing for less than the last guy. I can see our CEO now, giggling as he steps on our anthills, watching us run around going crazy not understanding why they've done this to us.
© Copyright 2006 astarothraven (astarothraven at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1125527-Work-Limbo-and-the-Cesspool