*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1126187-The-Chaos-Gene-Explanation
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: ASR · Preface · Action/Adventure · #1126187
A brief sketch about the setting of the stories and the origin of The Chaos Gene
         Somewhere along the lines of time, location lost its meaning. Regional dialects became merged and normalized by industrial growth and the emergence of solar power as a stable source of energy. Because new technology is usually expensive, provisions were made to accommodate everybody’s needs, as to cut down on capitalistic greed that would lead to revolt and eventually war, crushing the purity of the new source.

         Essentially, we attempted to alter the course of the universe, by skipping the unpleasant parts, simply for economics’ sake. Due to the less than noble intentions of the preventive measures, corners were cut and loopholes explored, and the value of the dollar decreased on the surface.

         Economies went bankrupt within months, and no one of consequence knew before it was too late. There was massive panic when the truth was revealed and the solar power plants failed. As empires ironically plunged into darkness, pandemonium spread like wildfire. The only hope for human survival was the military. The only military that could contain a whole world had to be united. A new social class arose, officers becoming the aristocrats of the new millennium. The world was a big cesspool of power struggles and chaos ready to pop. Then the genetic research began.

         Gene splicing had become a modern fad around the scientific communities, with animal DNA a hot catalyst in creating super soldiers. Of course the experiments had a 99% failure rate in the beginning, but the test subjects were willing sacrifices, making $4 an hour, unheard of for civilians at the time. Military laboratories such as Reisman-Bothis Genetics (commonly known as The Gene Jungle) in what used to be Nevada, USA turned down an average of forty-five applicants a day looking for work as research subjects.

         It was a genetic lottery to even be chosen, and most test subjects underwent crude procedures similar to medicinal clinics in the middle ages of Europe. A particular gene that the military was trying to duplicate was, of course the gene of spontaneity that could possibly be harnessed through the body to revitalize the solar powered energy stations, so they could find a way to suppress and eliminate this gene to stay in power. Some things will never change. Only those with absolutely top-secret clearance even know that the gene exists for a fact, though speculation and word of mouth has come to ‘fableize’ the trait as “The Chaos Gene”.

         Though this gene is carried through most male blood, the only proof of it’s emergence in a body is a turquoise coloration in the eyes, usually not showing up until a child’s fourth or fifth year of life. The majority of potential candidates are dealt with in their infancy, but as chaos has shown in the past, nothing of nature can truly be contained.
© Copyright 2006 Kim Kyo Ti (falseflagger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1126187-The-Chaos-Gene-Explanation