*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1126723-Canadian-War-Effort
Rated: E · Other · Military · #1126723
Canadians can make a difference
I've been distressed that Canada has agreed to spend 15 billion dollars improving the infrastructure of our military. We're becoming a mini-version of the United States military. Yet we do not have the resources or the history that suggests this is a reasonable course of action for our country to take. Why not consider a military that specializes in Search and Rescue? in Disaster Assistance? in Medical Assistance to war torn countries?

Recently, I had a new idea. Why not export musicians and poets...let's fight the war with words and song! If we write more moving poetry and sing our hearts to the truth of War, will this not change the world? If war occurs because of differing ideas, could we not find new ideas that would suggest peace is a more useful option?

Feeling threatened? Play a little Anne Murray or Gordon Lightfoot to calm down. Feeling down? Welcome Leonard Cohen to your room, he won't cheer you up, but he'll keep you good company.

Well, it's just a thought.
© Copyright 2006 Heloise (heloise at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1126723-Canadian-War-Effort