*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1127009-Decaying-Minds
by Amunet
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1127009
The Prologue of the story.
She couldn’t stand the stench of all the rotting bodies that surrounded her. Remains of men and women huddling close to their children were spread through out the whole area, leaving no clear space to walk. Kara had by then started to feel the cold air numb her limbs and the atmosphere around her further condense. As she became aware of the blood caked on her clothes from when she crawled past the bodies, she began to rub her legs in order to remove the foul stains. Footsteps filled the area as the sound echoed to her ears forcing her to refrain from fussing with her clothing. “You look surprised to see me here Kara. Didn’t you think that I would come back for you?” A man with jet black hair and darkened green eyes moved towards Kara in an unnerving way.

“Who are you? What do you want with me?” Tears started to seep from her eyes as she looked around the room, her gaze lingering on the bodies.

“Tsk tsk, you should know why you’re here. After all, you are one of the only Dijoon prophets left.” He smiled at her maliciously as he realized the true reason for her tears; it wasn’t that she was scared it was because the bodies disturbed her.

“I don’t know what that is. I can’t possibly be a Dijuun.” The words fumbled out of her mouth as she had difficulty repeating it. A puzzled look on the man’s face appeared as he became aware that she was telling the truth, this girl had no idea who she was.

“There is no way that my powers fooled me, you are the last Dijoon. You get visions don’t you? You see things before they come and you can sense when someone is powerful or evil. In fact, my aura should be intimidating you right now.” Kara’s eyes grew large as she took in what he was talking about. She could sense his power of which he spoke, the overwhelming feeling she got from him was so immense that if she had lacked the proper will, she would have passed out by now.
© Copyright 2006 Amunet (sorano at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1127009-Decaying-Minds