*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1127175-Avatar-High-School
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fanfiction · #1127175
What would happen if the cast of Avatar was but into High School. This story.
Avatar High School

Disclaimer-I do not own Avatar

A/N Aang in this story is fourteen so he can be in high school. Toph is also fourteen.

Chapter One

Aang was looking out the car window, the buildings and foliage flew by as his uncle drove.

“Uncle Gyatso, why did we have to move here?” he said in a saddened voice.

“Now, now Aang you know that your parents left us property up here and we always said if we ever got a chance to move we would. Besides don't you want live in a city?”

Aang sighed and leaned against the window, he missed Appa his pet buffalo, his cat Momo, he was going to miss the farm.

“Oh come on Aang everyone knows city girls are cute,” Gyatso said teasingly.

Aang smiled and thought to himself, Well maybe I will meet someone up here.

0o0o0o0o0o

“KAAAAAATAAAAAARAAAAAA!”

Katara jumped up in her bed clutching her penguin plushy, “Huh?” she asked. Looking at her alarm clock, it said 6:30. She never got up this early.

“FOR GOODNESS SAKE KATARA WAKE UP!” screamed someone from outside.

She walked groggily to the window and saw her two best friends Toph and Miya (Ming Ue :) ) standing there looking very impatient.

“What the Hell took you so long!” Toph bellowed.

“We have to be at school in a half hour and it's a twenty minute walk from here!” Miya yelled, “Hurry up and put some clothes on.”

“What are you to talking about? It's six o' clock.”

“Hello, daylight savings time was yesterday,” Miya responded.

Katara closed the window and went outside into the living room and looked at the cable box and in green were the numbers 7:30.

“CRAP! I FORGOT TO SET MY ALARM (don't you hate when that happens)!” Katara said racing back to her room and almost tripping on a mat, she opened back the window, “I'LL BE THERE IN TEN MINTUES!” she yelled closing it back. But she still heard Toph say “Make it five.”

She brushed her teeth, quickly and ran out. She pulled on a pair of overalls and a light blue shirt and blue Jordans. She grabbed her book bag and ran out the door to meet, Toph and Miya. With her hands on her knees and tried to catch her breath.

“Sorry...made...wait,” she cought her breath a stood up straight, “alright let's go.”

Toph grabbed her by the collar, “Hold on sugar queen, the bus is coming.”

Katara looked at the bus with with wide eyes and dramatically pretended to faint right onto Miya, “Oh for goodness sake control yourself, Jinx.” she said calling her by her code name.

“Please Hex, you have no right to say anything Miss Drama Queen.”

Toph just rolled her eyes and took out her metro card as bus came to their stop. As they all got on they did a quick survey of the bus as they headed to the back.

“At least none of the Pariguallos are here,” Katara said.

“Well that's because they went to school early today,” Miya said with a sigh.

“And how do you know that?” Toph asked her with a smirk.

A small blush appeared on her cheek, “Zuko told me when I called him.”

The other two girls shared a laugh at their friends embarrassment. Now to explain, in Roku High School there were any clicks, but the most evil of the female clicks were the Popularsor as Katara had called them the Pariguallos. They were a group of snobby, rude, twisted girls who had the teachers in the palm of their hands. The group consisted of Azula Sun, Mai Tang and Ty Lee Deng.

The rival on long time enemy of the Populars where called my most the Skirtless, this they were called because never in the history of their lives had those girls ever been seen in a skirt, only skorts, jeans, and shorts. These girls were Katara Sato, Toph Tanaka, Miya Takahashi and Yue Yukimara ; sometimes on occasions Song and Suki Arai, but they wore dresses.

Now there was a sudden new problem, Miya has started dating Zuko Sun, Azula's older brother and Mai's long time crush, so that did nothing to help bring peace between the two groups.

Katara was busy fixing herself up, doing her hair right, and taking the sleep out of her sapphire eyes, “You know something girls.”

“What Katara?” the two said in unison.

“We need a new identity, I say that after school we go to Jun's and have her give us makeovers. What do you say?” she asked excitedly.

At first there was silence, the Toph and Miya broke out into loud laughter, causing them to get looks from the other passengers.

“Oh...oh were sorry Katara. For a second we really thought you were serious,” Miya said wiping tears from her eyes.

“I was being serious.”

Toph looked like she was about to fall out of her seat and Miya just looked shocked.

“Katara are you on drugs?”

“NO!”

“So what's all this talk about changing our look?” Toph asked with her hand over her knee.

“Yeah whats wrong with the way we look?” Miya said defensively.

Katara looked at her friends, Toph was a fairly tall girl around 5'6 and she had short black hair that went down to her shoulders. She was pure tomboy through and through, she wore baggy jeans and fitted jersey and was a star on the school basketball team. She was fairly lucky with guys and had at least one guy at a time.

Then Katara turned to Miya, who was leaning against the window, she had long waist length black hair with blood-red streaks in it. Her style was unique she could and would wear anything she found was nice and was in red, black, or white. Right now she has on a ripped sleeve shirt which exposed a pierced belly, a black short and combat boot , that went up to her knees. She was the star of sports, she was good at them all and on most of the teams except basketball and had at least six piercings and one tattoo that she promised to show them at school. Miya wasn't really a boy magnet she was like one of the guys so most were reluctant to talk to her but she got looks.

The Katara looked at herself in her small mirror she was going to school in overalls and blue penguin shirt and Jordans.

“I LOOK LIKE A DWEEB!” she yelled up to the sky.

Toph rolled her eyes, “Please Katara your fine, you do this every year and every year we have to hear the same, 'OH I LOOK LIKE A DWEEB!' speech. YOU LOOK FINE!”

“Really Tara you do, you're very pretty I mean you look cool in overalls, who else do you know that call pull that off?”

Katara smiled and hugged her friends. Then when she looked out the window she saw that they were passing the school.

“FOR GOODNESS SAKE!” she yelled as she pressed the tape. The bus came to a stop and they all rushed to the door. But as luck would have it, the door wouldn't open and the bus was starting to move.

“BACK DOOR! FOR THE LOVE OF GOD BACK DOOR!”

The light turned green and the burst out running as they saw the gates of the school slowly closing.

“Oh great not this again,” Toph groaned as they ran to catch the gate.

The ran across the block, thankful that they dressed in sense able shoes. And they barley did it, but they managed to make it inside of the gate.

“Oh thank you,” Toph said kissing the ground.

“Cut it out Toph and lets get to assembly,” Miya said.

“Oh please you just wanna see Zuko,” Katara said jokingly earning herself a slap on the arm.

0o0o0o0o0o

The Skirtless made there way into assembly and took their usual back seats only to see an unwelcome face, Jet, Haru and Hahn.

Ex-boyfriends and jerks to the highest degree.

Hahn grabbed Miya and pulled her into his lap, “Hey baby miss me.”

He was rewarded with a well earned elbow to the face, “Not in the least,” she said sitting up.

“You're in our seats, move it,” Toph said the aggressiveness in her nature showing slightly.

“Aw, come on Toph how are you going to push me away, after all the fun we had together,” Haru said with a grin.

“Feh, the only fun we had was your head, now leave.”

Katara looked at Jet knowing he was the leader in all of this. “Jet call back your lackeys and go back to your master, everyone knows you're with Azula, so back off.”

Jet stood up and joined his friends in the harassment, “Well I am with Azula but she lacks the certain charm you have, Katara.”

Haru held Toph's hand gently, “Listen you know Ty Lee means nothing to me, so lets just be together, you know behind the scenes.”

Toph grabbed her hand away, “Please once you throw away garbage you don't take it back.”

Hahn had his arms snaked around Miya's waist, “You know something Miya, I'm sorry I ever cheated on you. So listen I know you still want me so stop fronting like you don't.”

“You are so luck I have two strikes on my record or so help me you would be kissing the pavement,” Miya said gritting her teeth in anger.

“Kissing huh, that seems like a good idea,” he said leaning in to kiss her only have someone push his face back so hard that he fell back into his seat.

“WHY YOU LITTLE BI...uh...uh...Jet,” he stammered.

Jet and Haru turned around to see Zuko holding Miya tightly and glaring daggers at Hahn, Sokka was right behind him with Yue right by his side.

“Jet you better back away from my sister before you find yourself needing a new jaw,” Sokka told him with malice in his voice.

Jet and Haru fled from the angry brother. Hahn was about to go when he found himself pressed to the wall, Zuko had him by the collar, “And if I EVER see YOU near my girl AGAIN! I will not beheld responsible for my actions.” Zuko let Hahn go and he went running up the front where the rest of the student body sat oblivious to what had just happened.

Sokka held his sister's shoulder, “You alright Katara, Toph, Miya.”

“Were all fine Sokka,” Toph said, “were just gonna need some disinfectant for the germs.”

Zuko still held Miya tightly, “You okay baby, he looked like he was gonna kiss you,” he said narrowing his eyes.

“He was trying to and if you hadn't have hit him I would have. I can't stand that asshole,” she said pouting slightly.

Zuko just shook hit head and kissed her softly on the lips, “See you in class.”

He and Sokka walked off while Yue sat down with her girlfriends.

“Looks like this is going to be an interesting year huh Katara,” she said smiling.

Katara laughed, then she flinched when she heard the door behind her open with a small boom. A teenage boy came in. He was bald but he wore it well, unlike that idiot Caillou, he had the most piercing gray eyes and Katara could tell from looking at his face that he had a wonderful smile. He turned and looked at her and for a second their eyes meet. Katara broke the gaze and sat down next to Yue.

As the boy walked down they looked at Katara's blush grow, she couldn't stop staring at him.

Toph turned to Miya, “I think Yue's right, it's gonna be a fantastic year.”

0o0o0o0o0o

And thus ends chapter one




Chapter Two.

After assembly a teacher came out and gave handouts with a list of your classes and who you had classes with. The teacher was mad about having to walk all the way to back of the auditorium.

“Can't you girls ever sit up front?” he asked as he handed them all the paper.

“But Professor Yu, were doing it for you,” Miya said with mock concern.

“Yeah how else are you supposed to get exercise.” Toph said causing the girls to tremble with laughter, as the angry teacher walked away.

“You are all aware we just failed Math,” Yue said while wiping her eye.

“Please I was already failing with fly colors,” Toph responded.

“Shit!” Katara exclaimed, “We have every class with the Pariguallos.”

Miya quickly looked at her schedule, “AH! She's right we even have gym with them.” Then she let out a giggle, “well at least I have mythology and gym with Zuko.”

The other girls rolled their eyes.

“Yeah I have mythology with you guys too, sorry I'm a Softmore thats the only class we have together.”

Katara was looking over her schedule when she saw a name she didn't recognize, “Guys who's Aang Chen?”

“Maybe he's that new guy you were all googly eyed at,” Toph said.

“I was not googly eyed,” she said defensively turning to Miya, “was I.”

“They looked pretty wide to me,” she said.

“You know what, screw you guys I'm going to class,” she said getting up only to have Miya pull her back down. “We all have the same class so just what till the bell rings,” the bell rang, “see now we can go. What do we have first, Toph.”

“Oh we have Math with Professor Yu.”

“Happy, happy joy, joy,” Katara said groaning. “Later Yue, don't let me find you and Sokka in a closet.”

“We don't use the closet, we us the bleachers,” Yue said laughing as she walked in the other direction.

“We have five minutes let's go to our lockers,” Katara suggested.

They nodded and went to their lockers. Toph moved to the side and opened it, a barraged of clothes and paper and even a banana peel fell out of it.

“Toph your a frigging slob, how you have a banana peel in your locker,” Miya said as she opened her own locker.

“Well to be honest I have no idea how that got there.”

“Oh God,” Katara groaned.

“What is it now?” Miya asked.

“Look for yourself.”

Azula's lap dog Jason came out from the auditorium holding holding a boom box.

“Oh for the love of God no!” Toph yelled.

“Ladies and Gentlemen introducing the rulers of the school. The...Populars!” Jason said as if they were a rock band and pressed play on the boom box.

You don't have to love me

You don't even have to like me

But you will respect me

You know why?

Cuz I'm the boss!

Then BAM, the burst out of the auditorium, noses in the air and hands on their hips, as they began to strut down the hall way with I'm Bossy being played in the background.

Miya notice the banana peel on the floor and nudged Toph and Katara. They all smiled. Miya pointed at the rotten peel and it began to move ever so slightly into the hall right were Ty Lee was bound to step. Ty Lee was winding harder than the rest of them and wasn't even looking where she was going, so of course she didn't notice the banana peel and slipped landing flat on her butt and pulled Azula and Mai down with her.

The Skirtless were on the floor laughing. Toph was even starting to cry. Azula, Mai and Ty Lee glared at them, but said nothing, they just got up and walked to class, and Ty Lee didn't notice that she had rotten banana on her skirt.

Our heroines continued to laugh for a another minute until they knew it was time to get to class and ended up laughing all the way to Math.

“Miss Sato,Tanaka, and Takahashi, please take your seats and stop laughing,” Professor Yue said.

The three girls walked to their seats and started taking notes, once it a while laughing at Ty Lee who still had the gunk on her skirt.

Since we don't care about Math lets take this moment to examine the Populars shall we. (Grabs Microscope) The leader and founder of the Populars was Azula, she was the most twisted of them all. She was the one who pulled the most pranks and planed all their stunts. Azula's favorite color was red and she was always wearing it, for as long as they had known her, she had never wore another color. Right now she had on a red knee high skirt, a red strapless shirt and red heels. Dating Jet.

Azula's second-in-command was Ty Lee. Ty Lee was loud, rude, and above all clueless in every way and talked like a pure valley girl and was obsessed with pink. It was everywhere on her, she had pink glitter of her face hands and in her hair. She was wearing a frilly pink skirt and a white shirt that said Baby Girl in pink glitter letters, plus as an added bonus a fuzzy pink handbag. Is dating Haru

Mai on the other hand was a 'goth chick' but many of the other goths in school and Miya didn't see her as a goth. Mai always wore black makeup and clothes along with the same combat boots. She always talked about being bored or the dark side of life, all in all she was a depressing person. Then of course it was well know that she had a major crush on Zuko and was now dating Hahn.

The Populars were all man thieves who had loyalties only to themselves and were the most powerful girls in school. And as expected, they were all cheerleaders.

As the bell to end Math ran the Populars went up to the Skirtless.

“Okay you spazes,” said Ty Lee, “ like, what did you, like do.”

“We didn't do anything Ty Lee, your like the one who, like tripped,” Toph said mocking her.

“Listen all I have to say is remember your place, Skirtless, because the Populars rule the school,” Azula said with a scowl on her face. She snapped her fingers, “Populars out.”

Katara whispered to her friends and they all walked out to the hallway and called out to the Populars.

“HEY TY LEE!” Katara yelled.

The girls turned around to see the Skirtless in cheerleading form.

“One, Two, Three. TY LEE YOUR SKIRT IS B-A-N-A-N-A-S,” the girls cheered as the watched Ty Lee look down at her skirt to see the mushy left over banana peel leftover on her skirt, she let out a scream and ran to the bathroom with Azula and Mai chasing after her.

Katara laughed hard then turned to her friends, “Come on lets go to gym.”

0o0o0o0o0

There were two gyms and and on sunny days like this the outside gym was used. The girls went to their lockers. Miya began changing immediately.

“Relax Hex, Zuko's not going anywhere,” Toph said.

“Maybe not, but I don't want Mai going to him and start slamming on me.”

As she began to removed her shirt Toph and Katara could see her tattoo. It was right above her cleavage, it was a moon circle that was designed so that on the left side there was crescent moon with the symbol for Aries inside if it and a darker side side were the symbols for water fire and air. It was a nice tattoo that was just the right size.

“Nice tattoo, Hex. Zuko see it yet?” Katara asked putting on her gym shorts.

“The only way he's gonna see it, is it I wear the right kind of shirt,” told them as she closed her locker and ran out, “see you out there.”

Katara smiled and looked down at her schedule and looked at Aang's name, they had science together last period, she remembered his eyes and started to smile.

Toph saw this and flicked her in the arm, “Stop spacing out and lets go, were having a free period today.”

“Oh, joy,” she said rolling her eyes. “I wish we had tennis.”

“Tennis is a wuss sport.”

“Only because you can't play, Rune.”

Toph stuck out her tongue out at Katara and walked out to the gym. It was a clear day and everyone was talking about there summer. And low and behold the Populars and the Riders (Jet's gang) were sitting together, sucking their faces.

“Eww, could they be anymore open?” Katara said looking green.

“HEY HARU! CAREFUL YOU DON'T CHOKE ON HER GLITTER!” Toph yelled.

She was rewarded with a glare from Ty Lee as she pulled Haru closer. Toph laughed and they saw Miya and Zuko playing soccer together. Miya had the ball and Zuko was coming at her. She kicked the ball up to her chest and up into the air and head butt the ball into the net. She was cheering and doing the victory dance.

“She looks happy with him,” Katara stated as she saw the happy couple kiss.

“Yeah he's a good guy, it's hard to believe he's related to Azula.”

“I wonder if he might be the one for her.”

Toph laughed slightly, “We'll have to see.”

They watched as Miya ran back into into the school building and five minutes later come back out with her book bag. She took Zuko by the hand and dragged him up to the bleachers.

“Hey girls,” he said with a smirk.

“Hey Zuko,” Katara and Toph said in unison.

“So for what crazy reason did you pull me up here?” Zuko asked his girlfriend.

“I thought it would be nice if you got to know my friends a little better,” Miya said grinning, “unless you rather go hang out with you sport buddies.”

Zuko looked longing at the field then turned back to Miya giving her the puppy dog look, “Can I go play, Miya?”

She rolled her eyes and smiled, “Sure have fun.”

Zuko took her face in his hands and kissed her softly, “I'll see you at lunch, okay.”

“See you then.”

“Is it alright if I bring my friend Aang, he's new and he wants to meet Katara.”

Katara blushed at that comment and looked down.

“Sure Zuko, Katara would love to meet him too,” Toph said with a smile.

“Kay girls later.”

“Bye.”

As soon as he was gone Katara gave Toph a punch in the arm, “Are you crazy, Toph, what if Zuko tells Aang I like him.”

“Zuko wouldn't do that,” Miya said in defense of her boyfriend, “anyway don't act like your not happy to get to talk to him.”

Katara blushed even redder, “I don't know why I acting so happy, I haven't even met him yet.”

“Aw, our little Jinx is in fairy tales love,” Miya said clapping.

“See, Katara he likes you and you were all worried about your look,” Toph said.

“See should be worried.” They turned around to see Azula, Mai, and Ty Lee standing there.

“Yeah, like, don't you know that overalls are, like, so over,” Ty Lee said with a twirl of her ponytail.

Toph covered her eyes, “Uh, the glitter is blinding.”

“Yeah Populars, this has been declared a no snob zone, so go back to your bitches,” Katara told them.

“Please, we can go and come as we please. The girls and I just want to deliver a message to your little friend,” Azula said turning to Miya. “Stay away from Zuko.”

Miya stood up and looked Azula in the face, “And who exactly who are you to tell me that, Azula.”

Mai suddenly came in front of Miya, “Stay away from him, Zuko doesn't need to exposed to trash like you. Everyone knows that the only reason you don't wear a skirt is because you can't keep your legs closed.”

The next thing everyone knew, Mai had a fist in her face and was having the crap beat out of her by Miya, she kept punching her in the face and pulling her hair. Zuko and the gym teacher tried to pull Miya off of her, but Miya kept a tight grip on her hair. Mai was screaming loudly. Then the crowd that had gathered was silent, and all that was heard was RRRRRRRIIIIIPPPPPP.

All that was heard after that was Toph saying, “Ha, I knew that bitch's hair was fake!”

Miya had tracks of weave from Mai's hair. For a second Mai looked vacant then she touched her hair only to feel that it felt lighter, when she realized what happened she pounced on Miya. Mai wasn't really that strong, but she was pulling on the top of Miya's gym shirt. Katara and Toph grabbed her waist and pulled her off,which caused Mai to rip Miya's shirt. Miya wrapped her arms around her chest and ran into the locker room.

Toph looked at Mai with pity, “Girl you gonna get it at 2:45.”

0o0o0o0o0
© Copyright 2006 PrincessAries (princessaries at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1127175-Avatar-High-School