*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1127301-A-Promise-kept
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Other · #1127301
Fate brought them together
Maria was in love-had been for more than six months now. It was what got her through the days and filled her lonely nights. Knowing the tenderness of his touch, the patience and passion of his lovemaking and the fulfillment of dying-bit by bit each night in his arms as he took her to a climax that left her breathless, and often trembling. It was more than she'd ever hoped to have in her life.

She wanted her lover with a need that made her shiver. Longed for the mindless, weightless feeling of coming apart beneath him. Yet even in the deepest part of her soul, she was sorry for the fact that she saw him only her dreams. He always promised her, that he’d meet her one day.

Again, she woke up with her loud alarm and dream came to an end. Why does this dream always end on this note? Why am I unable to see after this?
She did her morning rituals and as usual reached twenty minutes late to the office.

“Is it the same dream again”? Maggie asked. She knew her since she joined the office. She was her best friend and knew about her. Don’t think about it so much, everything will be alright. Just then they heard a deep curt voice,” Good Morning girls”. Maria stared and stared. No, it couldn’t be! Slowly she sat down at the table, unable to make any response to his greeting, aware that she was being rude. He was the same guy whom she saw in her dreams. He was eyeing her. Maggie will laugh, if she tells her. Maggie smiled and said, that's our new boss, he just got here today.

While returning home, she saw him again. He stopped the car in front of her and asked if she wanted a lift. At first, she thought of refusing, but on second thought, decided to accept his offer.
"I think I've seen you somewhere."
Maria wrapped her hair around her fingers and twirled incessently. A habit she did whenever she was nervous.

She remained quiet. When they reached her home, she invited him in for coffee.

The fates had been kind to her after all. But, before she could speak, he took her in his arms and then kicked the door shut behind him. She heard him sigh, then felt the warmth of his breath against her neck. It was straight out of her dreams. But, was she dreaming? Whether he was real or not, she didn’t want this to end. She slid her arms around his neck and gave a long lingering kiss on his mouth.

“Where have you been…? I’ve missed you.”
I’ve missed you too. They made love whole night. Finally, the dream was a reality.
Fate at last brought them together.
© Copyright 2006 Kulgurl (kulgurl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1127301-A-Promise-kept