*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1127324-Caught-Up
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest · #1127324
Falsely accused of a crime that isn't even against the law
They stopped me said Hey what's your name? Before I could answer another
one came. We've been looking for you, you're wanted by the police. No sir, not me, I've been holding my peace. Well, I've ran your name, there are warrants for your arrest. When you get there then you can contest. Turn around put your hands behind your back. You have the right to remain silent, don't talk back. You get no special privileges you're just like the others. I bet the next time you'll stay out of trouble.
I haven't done anything I'm innocent I tell you. Save it for the judge he'll tell you what to do
I get before the judge it's mistaken identity. I tried to tell them they wouldn't set me free. They take me to a room full of others like me. They'd committed crimes, Please Set Me Free! One toilet to a room, no privacy, no space. You lose all of that they try to take your faith. Brings yoou in a sandwich, a cup that holds a little pack, makes you stand in a line, then they say take that.
I know I'm being tested I must be strong. I'm waiting on a phone call, the line has gotton long. Finally I'm about to go to court. I'll finally get my say. Get in the courtroom, there has been a delay. I've had enought of this, I can't take another day! Somebody in the room had the nerves to say You do the crime, you do the time. What makes you better than us? I almost lost my temper by the grace of God I didn't cuss. Now, the judge has entered. She calls my name, tells me I'm accused of adultry. How do you plee? The charge you've received is third degree.
"I'm innocent your honor, an adultress I'm not. I can explain I was framed it's a plot. She looks at me and I couldn't believe what I heard. She said Go home Ms. Johnson your time has been served.
© Copyright 2006 faithful (cfaith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1127324-Caught-Up