*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1127908-Annegrahm
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1127908
Imaginative transformation story start. Your fueled imagination will continue it.
Hi my name is Grahm. Well, it used to be. The fact is, I had just bid my household gooodnight and was set for sleep on my last night in Lake Wood.

That night I was tired and eager to sleep. I brushed my teeth and oberved myself; I had a copper-tan face, brown eyes, short-hair, and a soft complection. I guess I looked hansome enough, but I never really paid it much attention. I turned off the faucet and walked toward my room.

I set my alarm clock, and in doing so, observed the date on its built in calender. Saturday 9-24-2005. I removed my blue jeans, switched off the light, and lay myself under the covers. I closed my eyes, let my mind wander a while, and began dreaming.

I can’t really remember what I dreamt about up until this one part, when I was standing in a parking lot. Suddenly the ground started shaking, I heard a car horn, and then the dream flashed into white. I jolted upright.

“Annie! Annies’s awake! Look Doctor.” rambled an unfamilar girl’s voice. I opened my eyes and looked around. As my vision cleared, my eyes focused on a girl’s face, with brown-eyes, freckles, and a wide-grin. She was dressed in a black T-shirt, and wool shorts, and was leaning directly over me.

I was surprised as I continued observing my surroundings-this looked like a hospital…but moments ago I had been snoozing in my bedroom! How could I have came to be here…if this wasn’t a dream. I felt-tired, and I might be dreaming this up. I decided to test whether I was conscious by twitching my arms. To my surprise, I felt them move, but the responded more clumbsilly than I expected. Suddenly I feared that I had sustained an injury, and eyes totally wide, I looked down for the first time at where my body should have been.

Instead, I saw through the sheets, a very womanly figure, and extending over the bed sheets from my line of sight was long brown hair. I tried to sit up but somehow, the motion didn’t work and I didn’t move at all. Meanwhile the girl had become elastic and was exclaiming short sentences as they occurred to her.

“You did it Annie! You’re back! I’m so glad, I really missed you.”
Not sure what to think, and having not yet solved the puzzel, I bored my eyes into her, and she looked slightly disturbed. Then I realized that maybe I could at least move my sheets and get a better look at myself. So I brought my arms up under the sheet, and saw two balls form on the sheet. I gripped the sheets from beneath, and as my fingers touched, I noticed that they seemed different somehow...perhaps softer. Bracing myself for a shock, I courageously slid my sheet aside, and beheld the body of a breathing teenage girl, under a hospital gown.

I jerked my hands toward me, as thogh to protect myself, but as they appeared in front of my face, I could see that they weren’t really mine. They were soft hands, smooth, and small, they were a pair of girl’s hands. I couldn’t belive that I was controling them, but indeed they moved as I commanded them, and the girl’s chess swelled as I inhaled.

I don’t know what the girl thought about my reactions, but she reacted by running around the side of the bed, sliding her hands around my back, and trying to pull me closer for a hug. The physical contact with her hands made this crazy situation feel more plausible, and I instintictively shoved her away out of fear. She tumbled back and I noticed that a doctor had recently entered.

“Easy Anne,” he said to me. “Its alright, this is your sister and you’re amoung familly-“
I didn’t wait for him to finish before I shrieked in a hysterical, soprano voice not my own.
“Stop that! I’m not Anne, I’m Grahm! And who are all of you?”

“Your sister must have amnesia and doesn’t recognize you.” The doctor whispered to the shocked girl before raising his voice and adressing me. “Listen to me. I need you to stay calm while I explain. Lets start with the basics because your parents are coming soon to tell you the rest. What you need to know is that one month ago, you were involved in a car accident and receded into a comma. During that time you’ve been held here, and your familly has been visiting you. Do you recognize your sister, Anne?” He brushed his shoulder on the girl wearing a black-shirt.

I digested his story, but it didn’t take long to answer.
“No, shes not my sister! And I don’t know where I am! I just know that something isn’t right, because I’m a girl in a hospital-bed! Tell me how I got here.”

“I just did. But if you don’t belive me, then your parents can tell you when they arrive. Now I need to check on something, but its good to know that you’re alright Anne.”

“Call me Grahm.”
“Alright, Grahm, I’ll see you later.” He left, closing the door behind him, but I could hear him talking with some people outside the door.

“What is wrong with your old name, Grahm?” asked the girl. “Don’t you like your old name, Anne?”

“No I don’t! And do you want to know why? Because I’m not your sister! I’m sorry but my name is Grahm, and I have no idea why I’m here or whats going on.”

“No, you are my sister, and we can prove it…”

© Copyright 2006 Charizardp_arbok (charizardp_arb at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1127908-Annegrahm