*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1128566-Why-I-Worry-For-Sparrows
Rated: E · Essay · Family · #1128566
They feel trapped in the safety of their mother's nest.
It is quiet outside except for the chirps of the morning sparrows who have nested this summer in the palm tree. I have watched them take charge of their lives from the moment the mother built the nest earlier this spring. Now the nest has grown too small for all of the family. The baby sparrows feel trapped because of the small space they have overgrown. I often see them take turns of flight only to the fence and back. I wonder if they feel afraid of abandoning the safety of the nest their parents made for them. I worry too about my own young sparrows.

I feel edgy when the oldest calls and relates the terrible tragedys of his life. How could I help in times of need when there is no money, no options, no services for his father and I? Our lives have been shattered with the pains of our own doing. The job market has gone crazy, we have little or no money left from each paycheck. The life we knew has now grown bitter.

I want to yell at the impatient baby sparrows to "stop trying to run away" "It's not safe", "Go back and deal with the cluttered, noisey, household you live in". Again, it is too late, they have tasted the world and want more.

I hope the next call we receive from our son will be he found answers to his tragedy. If he hasn't, then I feel safe in knowing he can always fly home to the nest we built for them.
© Copyright 2006 itsuest (itsuest at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1128566-Why-I-Worry-For-Sparrows