*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1128892-Poems-Directed--At--Marnie
Rated: 13+ · Other · Romance/Love · #1128892
Why she shouldn't be offended that I hate her almost as much as I love her
Instability


Some say it's like a wave
but me, it hits more like a truck,
and always bears a woman's name.
It's true, I have a choice.
remain paralyzed,
or take my meds and cease to exist.


Dissolution


I'd like you to think about why you're still trying to kill me.
I don't have much left to offer.
You can't reach me in my dreams,
because I don't sleep much anymore.
Is one man's soul not enough to satiate you?
Let me suggest you focus your singularity elsewhere...


In the realm of my expression, "you" are only an image; a composite of a sort, that illustrates the context I am in.
No, it is never about you, nor is it about any other who has said vicious and hurtful things to get me to leave them alone, whatever the reason. The reason is immaterial; apology is insignificant. It (the prose) is, and always has been, about me.
I am as I was then; the past does not matter here. All that does is the eternity that is my spirit, and I show it to everyone. How can I begrudge you the aspect which has helped me create this? In every way that matters, I truly do forgive you. But I will never forget. Here, where I exorcise my demons, "you" are as I paint you, not as you are.
© Copyright 2006 pathwerker (pathwerker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1128892-Poems-Directed--At--Marnie