*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1130481-An-Action-Movie-Death-Scene
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Other · Experience · #1130481
How I would die if I was in an action moive (like Ultraviolet or Underworld)
How Times Goes In an Action Movie Death Scene
Click.
The hammer cocks. You tense up and grip the handle of your sword tighter, hearing the squeak of the leather as your grip stiffens. The fear is pounding through you now because you know you could die at any moment.
Marius’ voice is slow-sounding, as he calmly says each syllable, telling you exactly what he wants you to hear: “Prepare to die.”
You swallow the vinegary bile in your throat, gasping inwardly even as you turn, step by step, the heels of your boots clicking (ka-shink, ka-shink, and ka-shink) against the marble floor. They say you can smell fear, taste it, and you realize in your head it smells like the hot metal of guns, the coppery-scent of blood and the pungent reek of sweat; it tastes hot and sour. Perspiration beads on your forehead, and then it falls onto the floor with a tiny “splish”.
You’re afraid, oh so very afraid, but you know you have to fight. You swallow once again, choking down the urge to vomit as you say softly, loud enough that he can hear it: “Go ahead and try.”
Everything then begins to pass by even slower, even though you know it’s happening a lot faster than it really is.
His finger leisurely and agonizingly pulls the trigger, and you can almost see the air flowing around the bullet as little by little it exits the chamber, the acrid odor of gunpowder filling your nostrils, adding to the wretched scent of beginning-to-rot corpses. You begin towards Marius, raising your sword inch-by-inch as your feet begin to run (thunk thunk thunk [even though it really sounds like tap-tap-tap-tap-tap-tap-tap]). You head towards him, each step coming slower and slower by a second. If this was really how time was going you’d be outside the building right now, running home to where you’d be safe. But they always say that when your life is in danger, everything moves much, much slower than normal.
The bullet is at you right now, and you turn the fraction of an inch you need and narrowly miss it, spinning so slowly. The tang of your leather coat flashes across your mind as it flaps up in the midst of your spin. Marius’ cheap cologne is mixed with sweat, and it almost makes you gag. A bitter taste is in your mouth, and it becomes stronger as you get closer and closer to him. But you keep going, and suddenly it all comes down to this one moment…
Everything is in slow-motion: the lift of your sword as you bring it up over your head, the sound of his gasp as he sees it coming down toward him, and finally the cut of the blade into flesh.
Your blade slices unhurriedly through his neck, and the splash of blood up onto your cheek is nothing as his severed head slowly falls to the ground at your feet…
And suddenly everything is in real time again. You stand there, panting heavily as you look at Marius’ body falling over and twitching, his face forever transfixed with that look of horror. His gun smokes where it fell, and the now not-so-strange stench of blood fills your nose again as you look around at all the carnage around you.
You smile, when suddenly you hear the now-familiar sound of the hammer of the gun cocking, and you hear the pull of the trigger and the sound of the shot. It is your death knell.
Slow once again as you turn to greet the inevitable. Your life flashes in front of your eyes as you drop your sword. You have no thought when the bullet hits you; only the thought of Adam’s gorgeous face as he told you he loved you, the tender touch of his mouth on yours, the intoxicating taste of his kiss, and the unforgettable scent of his hair. The bullet enters your flesh painfully, deliberate and you cry out, your voice muted as a sickly taste fills your mouth. The sticky blood pulses gradually over your fingers as you clutch at the wound, looking bit by bit up to where Melina is standing with that self-satisfied sneer.
You fall as unhurriedly as he did, as slowly as Adam did when they killed him. The taste, bitter and noxious (you realize) is your own blood mixed with your tears and saliva. You spit, gasping for air and try to talk, but only gurgle. Melina walks up to you, her boot heels snapping on the floor stained with red. She leers at you, her mouth curving up into a gradual smirk. And then she leaves.
You are left alone to die in agonizing pain.
They say when you die everything happens slowly, so slowly because you’re leaving the earth. They say that a gunshot wound is the slowest way to die, and you have to agree.
Death comes in a gradual black shadow covering your eyes. You hear every sound slower and more subdued, the sun making its way across the floor and over your body as the day goes by at the same torturous pace.
The last thing you see before all black is Adam, his gentle lips you loved so much forming the three words leisurely as though you can hear them plain as day…
You breathe your last breath, his name on your lips in a slow exhalation of air… “Adam…”
And everything fades into white light.
© Copyright 2006 C. Gibson (fireflykoi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1130481-An-Action-Movie-Death-Scene