*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1130526-the-portrait
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #1130526
a story of a painter and his sweet tragical moments with his ladylove
The Portrait

Solitude encompasses the heart of a painter, who couldn’t find the light of his subject, the light reign over the dim milieu for the perfect angle of his maiden. The obscurities of silence change the perception of the painter for the perfect hue for his painting, as the painter promise a portrait for his only love. But, darkness blotted the canvas of love. The vow was beginning to join the journey of the wind little by little. The steadfast mind of the painter was beginning to blur for his surrounding. One color is fast approaching for his eyesight. Out of love, the bliss was lost for the painter wherein blindness reigns over his happiness. He gave his only glee to his maiden and live a life of darkness ever since. As days past by, he sees by his maiden’s eyes, he works by the help of his maiden’s hands and he only live because of his maiden’s love. He learns to accept everything, the darkness, solitude because of blindness but happiness he felt because of the kiss and an affectionate embrace of his maiden.
Gradually, he learned to work with his profession again. The music he hears from his maiden gives him the sign of her feelings wherein he finds the right color for his subjects. The music which makes him whole again and the hue for it were indefinable. Marked by the fate, the taciturn life of the painter was beginning to find the lost bliss. Out of love, he sees the perfect light, for the perfect angle for his maiden without the help of his eyesight. The kiss and affectionate embrace from his maiden becomes the picture of the vowed made by the painter for his love. The countenance of the ladylove is vivid and the light of her heart is clearly seen by the painter’s eyes. The stroke of his hand was perfect. The colors were perfect as well. The portrait was done with great love of both the painter and the maiden. The painter gave the portrait with him in it and his ladylove. The blind painter sees a light thru his maiden and created a masterpiece out of perfect love.
When death arises for the painter, the maiden chose to be a part of him, for she can no longer live without his love. She is living because of the light of love given by the painter. He is her life out of love.
Peaceful hearts and silent adieus were heard when their lives come to an end but the gleam of their love was seen in their portrait by those people who are close to them, as they witnessed in their silent good-bye.
© Copyright 2006 handANDheart (soulselfseeker at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1130526-the-portrait