*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1133966-Milano-Train-Station
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Cultural · #1133966
This is a true storey of what was seen while I was travelling around the world
Milano Train Station
July 2004

Bones sticking through what was once a white shirt the boy slowly chews the paper, paper lined with dirt, grime, garbage and filth. One hand clutches the dirty paper as if it is a lifeline while from the other dangles a carelessly thrown half finished cigarette. He looks upon the world as though it is an enemy he cannot fight. Slowly his eyes light a little and he paper is dropped from his mouth and hand as he starts at a run. He slows to a walk trailing an unsuspecting tourist. Quietly but quickly he unzips the tourist’s pocket, his face shows a glow…then a bystander stamps his/her feet to alert the attention of the tourist, the boys face turns to anger and adult frustration as he gives the bystander the finger, the universal “f*** you” and heads in the other direction. He is joined by a taller, older boy and for a brief moment the younger grabs the older boy’s finger, the only show of that somewhere in his tortured body, he is till a boy. But it quickly vanishes as he sees a look of pity from another tourist; that universal sign comes out again and the eyes dart for his next victim. He looks to be about eight years old.

© Copyright 2006 writer_chant (writer_jax at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1133966-Milano-Train-Station