*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1134032-The-Great-Depression-Murders
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Novella · Crime/Gangster · #1134032
Two sisters, one man and a hell of a crime. Who Will Win ?
"The Great Depression Murders"

What started out as another day in fall of 1928, wasn't the best of times. The crime rate was up and almost everyone were at each other's throats, because of the matter of the depression that had come to them all. The Great Depression was the greatest evil at the time, and it lasted for so long, that its a wonder that we've made it far as we have. But, with the wars that have passed and yet to have come in the future. We know not what may cause them, nor their out-come.

But, that wasn't the case with the Dorchester sisters, Elaine and Donna. They were twins and they were in love with life and enjoying it. Their parents had been killed in a vehicle accident and the twins were sent to live with their aunt, Martha Harrington, in Briarthorn, Louisiana. Now, for those of you that don't know about The Great Depression, I'm sure that you can ask anyone of your elder's about that era and how it affected americans then and now. I imagine that they would rather forget about it, than to relive it over again.

When the girls were twelve, they were still living with their aunt and there was a new boy just down a few houses from them, that the sisters wanted. But, there was a slight problem. There was only one boy and he wasn't sure of what to make of the twins, if anything at all. But, it would lead to concerns of the townand its people, when later in the girl's lives, that would change the way the towns people would see things.

(To Be Continued)
© Copyright 2006 Rodney T. England (rodneyt_71 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1134032-The-Great-Depression-Murders