*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1134668-Suicide
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Teen · #1134668
A research essay written for my English class.
Suicide


Suicide is growing in a lot of places. People are killing themselves because of stress and pressure. Some people kill themselves by taking too many pills. They want to make a point, but have no way showing it. So, they try to make a point by trying to kill themselves. They want other people to think, hey, look at that cool person. Well, sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't.
Teen suicide has grown to be very common. Some teens like to think of it as a joke, while others take it seriously, which is what we should do. When a teen says they feel like killing themselves, or they are going to kill themselves, the parents need to take it seriously. They need to find some kind of help for that child so that the teen will not have those feelings anymore. Sure they might have those feelings a little later in life. Everyone does. If they keep saying the same things after that I would put them in a mental institution just so that they can find out what other people have to say about it. Maybe then they won't have those feelings anymore. So, teens, think twice about teen suicide.
Music has a big impact on teens today, but what we don't know is that it builds a little ball in our mind. Then when we feel like letting it go, it gets bigger. Teens like big artists like Korn, Staind, Eminem, and 50 Cent, but what kind of an impact does it have on teens? First,they think it is okay to listen to.Second,teens like music about guns, and pills, and sucide.Third,they want the CD.Last,But not least, teens will buy the CD and listen to it so much that it will have a big impact on them.
Music has a definite impact on us. A lot of people will tell you music is just some pile of crap a song artist put together for the teen’s entertainment. Then, there are some other people that say that music is very cool and that you should just like the words and the beat. There are still others that say they like the beat and you know that they are lying. They know that they will make some money just for you listening to it.
There is some other type of music like Gospel that is a great selection for teens. There is Christian rap and hip-hop. Music artists want you to sing along with the words. The theme of suicide is very common in song lyrics. Just try not to like songs about suicide.
Heavy metal and suicide are addictive. When teens listen to heavy metal all they hear is stuff about suicide. They tell you all about how they feel like cutting themselves or how they felt like dying so bad that they would feel bad. They want teens to think that their life has gone wrong. Song artists are trying to make you feel bad about yourself. The try to make you think that you life is worth nothing. -- like you have nothing to live for. You then get to the point to where you start to think maybe they are right. After you think that you stop doing whatever you are doing. Then, you try your best to kill yourself but you can’t do it. Then you just break down and start to cry. After you get done crying you want to just curl up in a ball and go to sleep. That is what suicidal thoughts can do to you. Please don’t do those kinds of things to yourself.


Bibliography

Berman, Jeffrey. “Teaching Students At Risk.” PSYART. A Hyperlink Journal for the Psychological Study of the Arts. January 31, 2001. available http://www.clas.ufl.edu/ipsa/Journal/articles/psyart/2001__berman01.shtml. May 14, 2006.

Canadian Mental Health Association. 1999. Centre for Suicide Prevention. 14 May 2006.

“Suicide.” Wikipedia. 14 May 2006 <http://en.wikipedia.org/wikipedia/suicide>



© Copyright 2006 Tommy30 (tommy30 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1134668-Suicide