*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1135698-Chapter-2
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Other · #1135698
Shawn save Summer during an explosion between her and her ex.
Chapter 2
Shawn notices that the construction paper and other items for the Recreation Center is getting low. He makes a quick run over to Art Ellis to pick up the necessary items. He makes another stop at Papyrus, which is located in the Downtown Plaza to pick up a special set of cards he had printed up. As he is walking towards the entrance he sees Summer in front the sitting in front of Hard Rock Café and what looked like the flavor of the month. Summer stands up, getting ready to leave when the unknown gentleman she is with, raises his hand and slaps Summer. Shawn witnesses this atrocious act and isn’t too pleased. Carlos raises his hand again but before he can invade Summer’s personal space again, Shawn steps in. He grabs the man’s arm and twists it behind his back.
“That’s not a way to treat a lady.”
“We both know she’s no lady.”
“Regardless of what you think of her, she is still a lady and no man should be putting his hands on any sister. I don’t want to disrespect you so I’m going to let you go and ask you to be on your way. I hope we don’t have to have another conversation. Is that clear?”
“Whatever.”
“All right have a nice day.”
“Its over!”
“That’s what I was trying to drill into your thick skull over the last five minutes.”
Carlos flipped them off before finally walking off.
“Summer, are you okay?”
“Thank you so very much.”
“I’m a firm believer that a man has no reason to put his hands on a woman.”
“I guess I better be on my way.”
“I’m not trying to be Hope you don’t mind me asking, but what in the world was that all about?”
“He couldn’t get his way.”
“I see.”
“Are you sure you are all right?”
“I have to go. I need to go to pick up my son.”
“How is he doing by the way?”
“He’s growing like a weed. A handsome little man like his father.”
“That’s good. Hope things work out for you.”
“I wouldn’t want things to work out between us. Besides I was getting a little tired of being his personal punching bag.”
“I’m sure there is a right guy out there for you. Don’t get discouraged.”
“I’m sure there is or was,” solemnly admitting, “ had him once upon a time but I didn’t realize that’s what I had.”
“You can’t go forward looking back.”
The last comment Carl made about her being a whore not only made her feel embarrassed but made her also wonder if Shawn thought the same way about her.
“Shawn, before you go your way and I go mine, can I ask you a question?”
“Anything.”
“Do you think that I’m a whore or even a lady for that fact?”
“I wouldn’t associate that word with any woman. You are woman in all aspects. Each woman is an individual and does things differently.”
“I have to get a move on. Thanks, it was nice talking with you.”
“That’s what friends are for.”
***
Summer heads over to Karra’s house. She knocks on the door waiting for someone to answer.
“Hey Karra, how’s it going?”
“It’s okay. It’s been crazy. Where’s little man at?”
“He’s taking his nap right now like Auntie Karra said.”
“He can be such a sweet child.”
“How did it go with Carl?"
“Not good at all.”
“What happened?”
“As usual he threw a temper tantrum?”
“Truthfully, you should have left him long time ago. Roberto was a much better choice for you.”
“I understand that but some things are beyond our control. I don’t think I have much of a choice but to move on.”
“That’s not what I meant, Summer.” She said sorrowful.
“I know Karra. He was the love of my life. Shawn was a my second draft pick.”
“Where did that name come from? I haven’t heard that in some time now.”
“That’s what I meant to tell you. Carl and I were having a disagreement to disagree. Carl was going to strike me when Shawn stepped in.”
“He’s another one that you shouldn’t have let go but then again you did move on to better things in a different aspect.”
“Funny. It was rather pleasant talking to him. We talk briefly for a moment and then I had to leave because I started feeling things for him that should have not have surfaced. Although it would have been nice to go down memory lane.”
“You mean to tell me after all this time you still have a thing for him?”
“Yes and no. Shawn was a gentle giant. He was sweet, caring, and loaded. The only problem with him is that he let people get over on him too much.”
“I don’t know what to do with you.”
D’Angelo comes from out of the room, is standing beside his Aunt. Summer notices just how tall he is getting with his short dark complexion, curly black hair with hazel eyes. He constantly reminded her of Carlos.
“Hey mom.”
“Hey little man.”
“You ready to bounce?”
“Do we have to?”
“Yes, Karra has to study for school.” Summer explained.
“Just like you do,” Karra said as she ruffled his hair.”
“Thanks Karra for watching him.”
“Not a problem.”
Summer and her son, D’Angelo, leave to head home. While driving home D’Angelo is curious if his mother was still going to see Carl. He absolutely detested Carl. He hated how he hit on his mother.
“Hey mom is Carl coming back?”
“No, sweetie, Carl is not coming back. It’s over between the two of us.”
“Good.”
“I have to apologize. I shouldn’t have been in a relationship like that.”
“Don’t worry Mom, you’ll find a man that will love you the way Daddy loved you.”
“I’m sure I will someday.”
Summer thinks to herself that he is a very sweet child. He so many qualities of his father. He was always watching out for his mother. The first time Carl bullied D’Angelo while she was home that was the reason for them going their separate ways. Carl would pick on Summer but on this particular day, he came over drunk. He demanded that Summer have sex with him; Summer refused because D’Angelo would be coming home from school soon. He had forced her down on the couch, she managed to get up and demanded that he get out. D’Angelo walked in as Carl had punched her. D’Angelo stepped in and Carl knocked him down causing him to hit his head. That was Summer’s last straw. She found the strength to kick Carl out the house. She took D’Angelo to the hospital to be check out. That night she said she had enough.
She packed what little things Carl had at her house and dropped them off at his house the next morning on her way to work. Thank goodness, he lived on the other side of the town. She would also change locks the next morning.
© Copyright 2006 tspresley (tspresley at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1135698-Chapter-2